Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After some thinking about what I like best I've come up with the following....
1. I like making characters to tear into squads of lesser troops. If I could, I'd field an army of indepenent characters....or at least troops with access to the armory (kinda like kill team mutable rules let you do, except at actual game levels).
2. I like close combat
3. I don't like chasing targets for 5 turns before finally be able to catch them, so I also like speed.
4. I refuse to play Dark Eldar (flat out just don't like them)

My dream army would be a mix of SM/CSM/Tyranid HQ's (SM's with jump packs, CSM's with bikes, Flying Hive Tyrants for Nids).

What army will come closest to letting forfill my desires? I'd think it'd be chaos (as you can pimp out aspiring champions), but there's still the issue of them having the rest of the squad and being relatively slow (at least the troop choices).

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Sounds like you'd be interested in one of the faster SM/CSM armies.

Slaneeshi Daemon-Bombing/Biker Heavy
Night Lords
Alpha Legion all infiltrating.
Raven Guard
13th Company
Khornate w/Lot's of Talismen of burning blood and Khorne Bikers.

From your description though, you want to play Chaos and have a pimped out Daemon Prince with Daemonic speed.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Khorne chaos, or maybe if you like good 13th company, blood angels, or other SM.

I played against BA the other day and with the death company and jet backs they can be fast as piss. Suprised me actually.

Heard 13th company is slow moving with no anti vehicle really but lots of tough pups.

Khorne: Axe weilding psychos my friend used to rave about. Pretty much what got me in the game in the first place. I never got to play them because he moved but if they were as good as he said you really would like the CC.

·
señor brushman!
1,434 Posts
Probally a fast Chaos or Tyranid army. Tyranids can get some pretty powerful units and still have some good speed with deep striking, winged and FoC units. Chaos can have raptors, bikers, blood raged units and teleporting units.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
No, but if you play Night Lords you get 4 fast attack slots...

Or if you can take your troops as Daemons, then you don't have to worry about the disparity of movement. This only works with Khorne or Slaneesh though, only they have the combinations of fast bikes and rock hard daemons needed to pull this off.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Tyranids would be good if you're looking for speed. Some of their troops have an effective assualt range of 24"!!!!! Also the Tyrants are good to biomorph and convert. Nids can be very fast, especially with flying warriors and things of that sort. However, although nids are very customisable, it's different to making hero's like most other armies.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Tyranids would suit you very good. They are all about CC and have FoF for high mobility. Hive Tyrants would satisfy your need for attacking squads with independent units.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Tyranids and chaos are the most custamizable races out there. Either will be able to suit your purpose. Here's some things about both armies (remember i don't much about nids):

Chaos:
  • Lords can be customized any way you want. Total squad killers, anti-tank, somewhat shooty, monster killers, anything.
  • If you want speed then you most likely want NL (they can have 4 fast attack choices), AL (give everyone infitrate), WE or EC (WE's MoK allows the blood frenzy roll, both also good for demon bomb), or WB (take bunch of bikes and you can summon any demon, very good demon bomb).
  • The chaos list is one of the most versitile lists out there.
Tyranids:
  • Hive Tyrants and Carnifexes are like chaos lords, you can upgrade them almost any way you want.
  • Pretty much every squad can be upgraded depending on what role you want them to have, just don't uprgrade them too much.
  • Also one of the most versitile lists out there.

Either way you will be able to tailor the list almost any way you want.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
I'd say night lords as raptors aren't 0-1 with them and the normal troops can infiltrate or be transported since you don't like'em slow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts