Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have 2 weeks free off school and me and my dad are going to Turkey where we have a house and I intend to take a few things for my fledging nurgle daemon army. Anyway I was just wondering wether paints,glues sprays etc. are allowed and if so what precautions must be taken.
Everything will be in a toolbox and I'm pretty sure that they know I intend to use the paints not stash stuff in there.
So, has anyone done this before? any advice?

·
I suck... Maiden neck...
836 Posts
Put the paints in a separate plastic bag inside the suitcase (NOT hand luggage, as its more than the max liquid you are allowed in there). Be sure to pack the miniatures well, but there shouldn't be a problem as long as you keep it all in your suitcase.
DONT BRING:
Spray cans
ANY tools in hand luggage

·
Registered
301 Posts
yep - what cebwj said - good packing of the models and paints for cargo should work well and never take your tools in hand luggage. And definatly no spray cans of any sort (paint, deodorent etc...)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Double bag your paints as often single bags can get caught/burst open.
disposable nappybags are always good as you can tie them up tight and not worry about ripping them open at the other end.

As stated above ensure good packing around models!

·
Suffer not the Unclean
2,251 Posts
Also, make it easy to unpack and inspect put the bag of liquids in an easy to get at place, do the same with the tools. Don't pack it up tight with a pair of pliers nestled in between a few models or something like that. If the easiest way to get at the particular item that triggered an inspection is to upend all your minis into a big plastic bin and then pour it back into your suitcase, they will do exactly that. When I fly int'l in and out of the US I wrap each foam tray in my mini case individually in saran wrap so that they can unpack the case and see everything without minis falling out all over the place.

·
459 Posts
As someone who took part of his army to Mexico on holiday to make sure it would be finished in time for GT, my best advice is:

Don't put anything in hand luggage!

I took paints (pot, not spray), brushes, glue, clippers and files in a carry case (small ones) with the models. The carry case was packed in the main luggage, near the top so that when it inevevitably caused questions we could easily get it out to show them and within 5 minutes we were on our way again.

Apart from a few Mexican security personnel thinking I was a real nerd, no problems.

·
459 Posts
EDIT: Doh! Mod to delete the double post please?

As someone who took part of his army to Mexico on holiday to make sure it would be finished in time for GT, my best advice is:

Don't put anything in hand luggage!

I took paints (pot, not spray), brushes, glue, clippers and files in a carry case (small ones) with the models. The carry case was packed in the main luggage, near the top so that when it inevevitably caused questions we could easily get it out to show them and within 5 minutes we were on our way again.

Apart from a few Mexican security personnel thinking I was a real nerd, no problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts