• Blood angel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dark angel

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
In the future, please remember to include a closing date on all polls.

*closing date added*

·
No Life King
2,819 Posts
Jusst about any chapter. Ultramarines, Crimson Fists, and Salamanders are all super-popular these days. Raven guard are well known for their scouts, as are a few other chapters that my brain just refuses to think of right now.

EDIT: Right just checked the poll. Close combat scouts are very big for Black Templar, so those colors might work as well. Dark Angels and Imp Fists are a little..old and straightforward for scouts if you ask me, so I'd avoid those.

·
My backpack has JETS!
1,983 Posts
Every Space Marine chapter has Scouts. They serve as the recruits in the Scout (10th) Company before they get made full Space Marines and inducted into the Battle Companies. The exception to this is Space Wolves, where the Scout role is filled by veterans - Space Wolf recruits are instead grouped into Blood Claw packs.

Certain chapters known to heavily field Scouts in battle are Crimson Fists (having to recruit heavily after the Rynn's World massacre where they lost a large portion of the Chapter) and the Raven Guard (who use Scouts to infiltrate and locate positions for massed Drop Pod assaults). These two are more likely to field a larger number of Scouts, but they can be found to play a useful role in almost every Space Marine force.

·
Son of LO
3,930 Posts
Black Templar players periodically field a large number of Neophytes, which are just close-combat scouts. So do that.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I would personally have to say Raven Guard, but that might be because they just so happen to be my second favorite codex chapter other than of course my own DIY chapter the Sons of Dorn.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you're only going to be selling them then Black Templar is the obvious choice. They're called Neophytes, but they're still scouts. Almost every BT army has some. Just check out the Black Templar Army List section on Bolter and Chainsword to see.

You'll have more interest in an ebay auction for them than you would for most other chapters I'm sure. That's not to say you won't sell them in other chapters colours, I just think you'll have more interest thus a better chance at a higher finish price.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'd say that because Space Wolf Scouts are regarded as the most elite of all non-heroic units and operate under direct command of The Great Wolf himself, that makes them pretty much the most bad ass of scouts. Plus since they have OBEL and a unit of 5 can replace their pistols with 2 power weapons (for bonus attacks) and also take Mark of the Wulfen they can be monsters for close combat which isn't typical of a scout unit.

But if you make a Space Wolf Scout pack consider that you'll need to "wolf them up" if you intend to sell them, otherwise they may not be of much interest.

Otherwise I'd suggest Ultramarines.

And I missed the OP's post about which choice he went with. Oh bother.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts