Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i play Ig but am looking for sumthing new but don't know what chapter to play. The Black Templars look cool but the fluff for the Dark Angels are cool too.

What CHapter do you think woul give a new direction from the Ig.

·
Registered
959 Posts
i'd go with Black Templars. mainly a close combat army but still has significant fire power so it's very different to the guard, also you can have more than 1 crusader.

or you could always join the legions of chaos :D

·
Registered
841 Posts
hmm the only choice for me in space marines was:
space wolves: feral and way cool looking :) (13th company to be exact)
crimson fists: nice colour :)
Back templars: u can easily convert DA chars to black templar like ezekiel :D
Iron hands: their models arnt out yet but they look badass
what NOT to choose:
ultramarines: these guys suck in every way...

·
Registered
260 Posts
y not black dragons they have cool assult squads and no 1 plays em otha wise 13th company or black templars cos they both rule

·
Registered
84 Posts
play the lamenters chapter they rule if i played loyalist i would use them cause if your opponent wants to assault you they have to take a leadership test or the legion of the damned their rules are good too

·
Keeper of Records and Ale
10,982 Posts
It would help if you posted your likes and dislikes of an army ie like assaulty etc. Without specifics we could just say any chapter would fit you.

DAs are more shooty, but can handle themselves in cc and BTs are more or less the opposite.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was looking for sumthing that differed from the IG.

Great in assault, fast moving, can handle themselves if they have to do some shooting.

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
wolves scars or ravenwing

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well, I wouldn't chose a Dark Angel army then, they've become quite a shoottie army nowadays, for H2H pick Black Templars or Blood Angels and the like, far more dangerous up-close-and-personal!

·
Registered
841 Posts
Originally posted by Squeak@Nov 10 2003, 18:44
Well, I wouldn't chose a Dark Angel army then, they've become quite a shoottie army nowadays, for H2H pick Black Templars or Blood Angels and the like, far more dangerous up-close-and-personal!
er no...for h2h wolves are the best

·
Keeper of Records and Ale
10,982 Posts
Then I would suggest either Blood Angels, Black Templars or Space Wolves. All are CC based, BAs are fast and have the choice of the CC dread (Furioso) and vet assault squad. BTs you can arm your entire chapter with cc weapons, and you can always hit on 3+. SWs are probably even more cc based. Blood Claws, grey hunters all rock in CC also G Hunters have true grit (use Bolter as pistol in CC) and so you can also have a strong fire base.

All these chapters make good use of Rhino rushes, and assault squads/bikers/tact squads etc. So take your pick these would best fit your choices.

·
Registered
146 Posts
There can only be one answer to this question.

Whichever one you want to get.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Well it depends on how different you want to get.......... I think on the complete opposite end of the spectrum (While still staying Loyalist) are the White Scars....... they're fast where I.G. is slow, tough where ig is fragile.... and can shoot and assult with equal ease...... and their numbers tend to quite small due to their special rules. I listed a few of these under my post elsewhere in this forum.....here's a link: http://www.librarium-online.com/forum/inde...?showtopic=3584 So all in all it REALLY depends on how different.

·
Registered
94 Posts
it really depends on what you want in a army do you want good fire power go with salamders if you want hatred go with ba if you want tactical bazzerkers go with space wolfs

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hey mr IG player.. I know nothing about your playstyle but all IG players I have met has played eather a tank heavy army or a Troop heavy army.. both have been standing still shooting me back to the stone age..

I suspect you have played kinda shooty to and in that case I would recomend you for the total opposite a clc based army.. I suggest eather Black Templars or Space Wolfes. I would pic BT because I dont like the colors of the Space Wolfes.. to pale.. Both armies have some nice trics up their sleeves.

If you are sick with just playing one kind of tactic a flexible force can also be a nice option. In that case i suggest Vanilla style space marines like Ultramarines. Ive had alot of fun with my Ultramarines you can shape your army in every possible way.

Well good luck picking your future..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.