Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Master of the Ravenwing
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm painting a Warhound Titan for my Epic 40k Space Marine army, and I have no idea what colour scheme to use. :? I don't really want to use dark green (since the SMs are Dark Angels), but apart from that I'm open to all ideas.

Anyone seen some nice colour schemes, got any good ideas, or know what colour they ought to be?

·
Father of the Failed
1,170 Posts
They are in fact all pink. The adeptus mechanicus paints all its titans pink... Didn't you know that? ;)

Titans are organised into titan legions, each of which has its own livery and heraldry. As such, it is perfectly acceptable to paint you titans in a completely different scheme to the rest of your army fluff-wise - there is no set 'warhound colour'. Have a look at the examples of painted titans on the forgeworld website (and check CMoN) and see if there is anything that grabs your fancy. Alternatively make up your own colour scheme - anything goes, just experiment on spare models or plasticard to see what works together..

Don't worry too much about it looking part of the army - give it the same type of basing scheme as your other models and that should help to tie them in nicely.

Rich.

·
Master of the Ravenwing
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it is perfectly acceptable to paint you titans in a completely different scheme to the rest of your army fluff-wise
I know that, that's why I said I didn't want to use dark green. Thanks for the pictures Camel, I like the FW colours and I might use that.8Y

·
Father of the Failed
1,170 Posts
I know that, that's why I said I didn't want to use dark green
Apologies. Unfortunately you did not make that clear in your original post so I thought I'd mention it in case you did not:). When you asked what colour they 'ought to be' I assumed you didn't know:).

Nevermind, I hope you find a colour scheme you like.

Rich.

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
As varrious others habve said, the Titans are organised in to Ordos, these each have theor own livery, much like SM chapters, the orriginal source for Titan livery was Adeptus Titanicus, which accompanied the origial Epic, and the acompanying codex titanicus, there are now on the internet a number of sources of details on Titan chapters including spreadsheets that detail each ordos, its colours, where in the fluf it is mentioned etc, I would recomend Google

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.