Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Venerable Member
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking around and I can't find anywhere a definitive way to determine exactly what units are daemons. The reason here is concerning anti-daemon weapons (of the sw rune priest flavour)

the following are daemons:
-the whole chaos daemons codex minus the soul grinder
-eldar avatar
-csm summoned daemons

these i'm not so sure about:
-csm daemon prince
-csm chaos spawn
-csm possessed
-dark eldar warpbeast
-dh daemonhost
-necron ctan
-something i missed?

·
Hive Fleet Pandora
5,068 Posts
I would say anything listed as Daemon under its type or special rules would be considered a daemon. I would also consider Daemon Princes and Summoned Daemons from the CSM codex as daemons, though technically I'm sure some CSM players might disagree with me. RAW-wise, though they have the word "daemon" in the titles, there is technically nothing within their entry that says they're a daemon.

Just go over it before the game to clarify any ambiguities whether your opponent considers them "daemons" or not.

·
Registered
961 Posts
It does in fact state "Daemon" in his special rules, he has a special rule called "Daemon" it states "To all intents and purposes, an Avatar is a Daemon and will be affected by weapons and abilities that affect daemons".

(pg 24, Codex: Eldar)

Furthermore, anything listed as Daemon by the Deamonhunters codex counts for their weapons and wargear (not that there's much left), as well as the Chaos Daemons codex (minus soul grinder, ofc).

·
Venerable Member
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i found some explanation of "daemon" terminology in the dh codex, p20. it's too bad the sw codex that's supposed to be more updated doesn't have something like this. not too hot on the idea of resolving something with a "third" codex, especially an outdated one

as for the entry on p20 of dh, the following are listed as daemons:
-daemonhosts
-greater daemons
-daemon packs
-daemon beasts
-*some rules on vehicles. won't go into detail as the rune weapon doesn't afffect vehicles
-eldar avatar
-csm possessed
-chaos lords with daemonic stature/50pt of daemon gifts

again, not too hot on the idea of using a third codex as a determinate, but at least this answers some of the question and the ruling is "somewhere"

i found the necron ctan discussion over on the necron forum. that one's out.
also found a discussion on the csm daemon prince. appears unanimous that a daemon prince is a daemon, and somebody who tried to play it otherwise at a gw game had that idea shut down by the staff (common sense ftw)

this leaves just the following from the list, that conceivably could be classed as "daemon beasts":
-csm chaos spawn
-dark eldar warpbeast

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
For those interested, here's the Chaos Marine thread that discussed the issue: http://www.librarium-online.com/for...mon-princes-csm-still-considered-deamons.html

Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]

i found some explanation of "daemon" terminology in the dh codex, p20. it's too bad the sw codex that's supposed to be more updated doesn't have something like this. not too hot on the idea of resolving something with a "third" codex, especially an outdated one
I've made the same argument; however, new codices trump old codices, so some Chaos Marine players maintain that Princes and like-minded models are no longer classed as Daemons, since it's not in their description.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.