Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i heat allot about the god o'l Lash prince or the MoN, warptime Prince. now i know that the prince is our most effective and best HQ point wise and stat wise (and of course game wise).

now what i want is for you guys to try and come up whit some uniqe Chaos HQs which can be used instead of the prince (and still be some what effective), so what i basicly want is for peoples to post their Chaos lord or/and Sorcer build that they think can be used instead of the prince.

P.S: posts some tactics about them.

here is some excampels:

Chaos terminator lord *Slash*: 140 pts
MoK, Terminator armour, Pairs of lightning claws.

Tactic: put him in a unit of Khornate Terminators in a land raider (i advice against the bloodfeeder daemon weapon).

Chaos Lord *cheapy*: 105 pts
Power weapon.

basicly just use him instead of a champion in a normal CSM unit. wings is opptional.

Chaos sorcer *Blaster*: 180 pts
MoT, Warptime, BoC

Tactic: a very effecktive ranged and CC sorcer which can be effective in almoast every situation.

BTW: a quick question, can a teminator lord ride a lets say a Jugernaut of khorne?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Unfortunately, one loses the ability to get a mount when one takes termy armor.

A Hq that has been effective for me in the few games ive played was a slaanesh lord with a daemon weapon and wings that i have been putting in a squad of 8 raptors with meltas, naked champ, and an icon of khorne. He provides charge deterrent while the raptors bust tanks, and charges with them into combat with a greater daemon at his side, going for command squads.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Unfortunately, one loses the ability to get a mount when one takes termy armor.

A Hq that has been effective for me in the few games ive played was a slaanesh lord with a daemon weapon and wings that i have been putting in a squad of 8 raptors with meltas, naked champ, and an icon of khorne. He provides charge deterrent while the raptors bust tanks, and charges with them into combat with a greater daemon at his side, going for command squads.
people use mounts?

·
Formerly Prince of Excess
3,560 Posts
people use mounts?
People use non-DPs and win serious games?

The only other HQ I can get behind is a Lash Sorcerer with Wings or in a Rhino. Lords just aren't worth the points ever.

Edit: Fixed.

·
464 Posts
People use non-DPs and win?
In friendly games I have played a Lord on a Bike with the mark of Nurgle and a daemon weapon. He joins a bike squad with a icon of Nurgle and they go around flaunting their T6. Competitive? Not even close but it has worked and I have won more games than I have lost with him.

In other friendly games, I have used a Sorcerer in termie armour with lash and chills with a squad of termies in a landraider. First turn fun almost every time, if they squad lives through the heavy flamer and twinlinked bolters that is.

The prince is great, but three are other builds that can do stuff. As much stuff, probably not.

Why GW is waiting so long to come out with the plastic model of the Daemon Prince? Who knoes?

·
Registered
183 Posts
i just use a chaos space marine lord with terminator armor, a daemon weapon, and a combi melta. works well with my karmoon special terminator squad a little extra punch against vehicles and does well if i decide it's necessary to assault. it's no lash prince, but it works well enough.

·
Formerly Prince of Excess
3,560 Posts
Is that a forum rule now? That's the best rule I've ever heard.

·
464 Posts
I don't mean to be snarky, but how is it that only two people have posted any information at all on this post when there have been SEVEN replies? And I am one of them. Using proper grammar I understand (Rabbit), but others I just don't understand. If you are going to post at least make a contribution to the thread instead of just trying to boost
the number of posts you can churn out in one day.

As far as oniwakamaru - How do you utilise this? Karmoon Termies work wonders and all, but your army needs to function as a whole and that unit sounds like an extension of a super termie group. I will bet that it kicks ass and takes names in cc but in the end of the day I would bet it would just be a point sink.

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
Is that a forum rule now? That's the best rule I've ever heard.
Librarium Online - FAQ: Rules of Librarium Online

English only
The common language shared by our members is English and we expect all members to write their posts in English to facilitate communication and moderation, even if this is not their native language.

Please note that there is a very limited number of threads exempted from this rule by prior arrangement with the moderator team; if you would like to start a thread in your native language, please contact the Moderator Team for further arrangements. All non-English threads started without permission will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators.

Please also pay attention to proper spelling and punctuation (capital letters, full stops etc), and be aware that the use of frequent line breaks makes your posts easier to read. If you have difficulties with spelling and grammar, use of a spell checker is advised. We do understand that not everyone is a native speaker of the English language, but this is no excuse for not availing yourself of the MS Word or the site's own downloadable spell-checker. Leet and other slang are forbidden.

We've also had to crack down on capitalization lately, due to some new folks in other parts of the forum who completely neglect the beloved "shift" key.

For a pure close combat HQ, you might try looking at the following:

Chaos Sorcerer- 150
*MoS
*Warp Time
*Wings

Point for point, he easily outclasses most (if not all) Lord types with daemon weapons. For mech forces, he can hitch a ride in a rhino, since wings don't technically prohibit him from embarking in transports. Plus, the MoS + Force Weapon combo tends to mean he can manage enemy HQs. In casual games, I sometimes take these pups in pairs and give them possessed retinues with rhinos. Makes for a fun unit.

·
Premium Member
4,800 Posts
I use a Sorceror with MoS and Warptime. He makes an effective assassin. I also came up with an 'Obliterator Lord': Prince, IoT, Boc, Goc. He's a real help on defense. Just Bolt of Chaos away and take a few hits for the Rhinos, then when Lysander & Co. get close double-tap them with Gift.

Soon I'll start fielding a Terminator Lord with Daemon weapon. I expect he will do a good job of deepstriking near the enemy's objectives and cleaning them off it. Haven't decided yet on what mark he should use...probably none.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Intrepid, not considering the extra 5 points to make the deamon weapon worth its points... and extra bit of strength compared to instability... I know which one I'm taking.

O
h besides the above mention lord of bliss, Ive had quite a bit of luck with sorcerer on a bike with mos and lash, got a first turn charge off with this... of course backed up by 10 bikers... its a potent force... specially if you mok the bikers.

:::Grammar please:::
~Rabbit

·
Registered
183 Posts
As far as oniwakamaru - How do you utilise this? Karmoon Termies work wonders and all, but your army needs to function as a whole and that unit sounds like an extension of a super termie group. I will bet that it kicks ass and takes names in cc but in the end of the day I would bet it would just be a point sink.
It runs as a fairly flexible unit in most games. Depending on what I need, it can blow up an MC, clean an objective, melt a heavy weapons squad, turn an IC and his retinue into ash, draw AT fire away from my transports, and provide another icon for my oblits to aim for. It works especially well as an IC hunter unit. 6 plasma shots, a heavy flamer, a combi melta shot, followed up by a charge with my lord's undivided daemon weapon puts down most HQ choices. You're right in that he and his group usually don't quite make their points back, but they usually do a heck of a job making the rest of my force's lives easier.

·
Murder
3,492 Posts
I had a game yesterday where my deamon prince of slaneesh took out a 5man assault squad with fist, a full tactical squad, a squad of scouts, a space marine captain and 2-3 sternguard....

I never had a chaos lord do ANYTHING remotely useful and I also don't lose them to a powerfist if one gets through...

I go for the cheaper option though, and take the mark of tzeentch just for the 4+ invul

·
438 Posts
Lately I've been using this:

Chaos Lord
MoN
Daemon Weapon

He rides with a unit of plague marines in a rhino and 2 squads of CSM in rhinos at his side. His unit makes the spearhead of assaults. I've found ina combined arms list, plaguers make a fantastic unit to shove down the enemy's throat, and this lord adds a lot of extra assault punch to them and he's fluffy to boot.

*By riding with cult troops, he retains his Fearless status.
*A nurgle daemon weapon grants him poisoned weapon, which is fantastic in 5th ed. And unique to nurgle lords.
*Against squishier foes (ie: those without powerfists) he can split off on his own to enable dual assaults from 1 rhino.
*He has frag grenades. Something no Deamon Prince can claim.
*He gives plagues a good I5 whammy.

Lately I've also been giving him the personal icon to allow another point for summoning lesser daemons. They're good backup or, more frequently, good cheap objective campers to sit in the backfield while the spearhead presses on.

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
What, no love for Lucius the Eternal? Come on, he wants a hug! ^_^

Lucius is my favorite Chaos character, and I usually wind up putting him with regular Chaos Marines. Kharn would be my second favorite. He'll kill off a lot of your own guys, but he'll tear apart the enemy as well.

Apart from special characters and princes, sorcerers kitted out for close combat seem like the only HQs that are worth it (warp time, wings, MoS). A force weapon and warptime are a potent combination, making them a grade-A character killer.

Captains just seem like a waste. Sorcerers are better at power/force weapon attacks, and powerfists are better put on unit champions, since the captain is too easy to single out and kill. This leaves no worthwhile weapon to give them, effectively making them useless.

On a side note, I hate daemon weapons. They're expensive, and rounds where they do nothing besides hurt you offsets any advantage you otherwise gain from them.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I hate daemon weapons. They're expensive, and rounds where they do nothing besides hurt you offsets any advantage you otherwise gain from them.
Earlier i would agree whit you until i saw how fantastic the Tzeench Deamon weapon is, it is one of the best deamon weapon out there, it has won the game for me several times.

·
438 Posts
Earlier i would agree whit you until i saw how fantastic the Tzeench Deamon weapon is, it is one of the best deamon weapon out there, it has won the game for me several times.
I was likewise of the same opinion, until I realised how 5th edition had changed the way Poisoned weapons work. Wound anything on a 4+ and anything T4 or less gets a re-roll to boot? Sign me up! Especially with no anti-psyker defense able to stop it like warptime. That is one of the few where I can actually let the odd turn of bad luck balance it out.

Tzeench would be the only other one I'd give a real consideration in a competitive game, depending on the army composition. (Well, and Abbadon's, but for his point cost he had darn well better be awesome)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.