Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking to create a extremely small 40k army that can be carried around in two sandwich boxes compared to my guard and orks that require two full cases.

I’m currently looking at a number of lists, one of them is a lash army with the usual setup: 2 princes, death guard and Obliterators.

But I’d like to know how does it play, I heard it’s cheesy but I would like to know the details of it’s strength and weaknesses and just how effective is it?

NOTE – I’M FULLY AWARE OF THE HATRED FOR THIS KIND OF LIST SO PLEASE DO NOT POST COMMENTS ABOUT IT BEING ‘CHEESE’!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Kill the transports, Lash the now-walking occupants into a nice, compact circle, plasma cannon them. Rinse and repeat.

·
905 Posts
How awesome will the conversions in this army be? :)

Strengths: you're able to put units into little balls for vidicator, defiler, or even your oblits blast weaponry. And pretty much one shot kill em. Or if you're a friend of mine, you'll lash them closer to your berzerkers. Then the FAQ makes it so you can say units, like assault marines, are using jump packs when YOU lash them into difficult terrain (dangerous due to jump packs).
Blah Blah Blah CSM were my first army, and lash just ruined them for me because, at the time, it was SO OP! These days however, on the cheese scale I'd give it a 6.5 out of 10. (still don't use it though)

Weaknesses: All the new armies coming out thus far have at least some anti-psyker ability. Space wolves will especially give you problems. That's all I can think of right now.

·
609 Posts
Mega-cheese mode: Lash their assault squad, and move their power weapon waaaaaaay back, stringing along their other bodies so that when you do charge, and they counter charge, their power weapon can't hit you.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I just use it for strategic advantage: Lash a unit closer to my raptors with flamers, or lash a unit away from an objective on the bottom of the last turn.. lol thats cheese

·
Registered
147 Posts
Love lash its like waking up to a kinder suprise and then bam!!!! Demolisher Cannon, Havoc launcher, Template Weapons (Blast and Flame), I took out a squad of 30 boys in one turn thanks to lash due to flamers and another due to plasma and havoc. You play to win, they aren't your real friends so dont worry, your real friends want to see you happy.

·
Too Sexy For My Whirlwind
1,148 Posts
You play to win, they aren't your real friends so dont worry, your real friends want to see you happy.
Lol, thats clearly the only thing your friends are concerned with. After all, if someone isn't 100% concerned with making you happy and forgetting completely about themselves, then they aren't your friend(read as "slave"). This, i should add, is also excellent relationship advice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.