Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Gaunt's Ghosts books, the IG Anthem is 'Over the Skies and Far Away', which is clearly Sharpe's theme to different words.

I can't find anything official so here's what I came up with:

Here's forty credits on the drum for those who volunteer to come
To 'list and fight the foe today - Over the skies and far away
O'er the Skies we’re off again, to fight with lasgun, sword and flame
Emp’ror commands and we obey - Over the skies and far away
When duty calls me I must go, to stand and face another foe
But part of me will always stray - Over the Skies and far away
O'er the skies………….etc.
If I should fall to rise no more, as many comrades did before
Then ask the Regiment to play - Over the Skies and far away
O'er the skies ……….etc.
Now fall in lads behind the drum. With colours blazing like the sun
Along the road to come what may - Over the Skies and far away
O'er the skies…………etc.

Best I can come up with, I don't know any worlds that would fit the original words about Flanders, Portugal and Spain.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I say the commissars would have a field day amongst them for listening to such unproffesional music in the Guard, GMAleron ^^ :p

I like your song, I really do ^^
I don't think anyone would ever allow it to be played/sung in a official sense, but as a small song amongst soldiers, sure :)
I think it has far to much emotion in it to work properly with the way the Imperial Guard must be doctrined.

Cheers ^^

·
Registered
310 Posts
Well in a way it fits my fluff, we are the elite the Steel Legion have to offer and have been fighting for a long %[email protected] time against the orks so i think we can be granted a few breaks here and there, glad you like it mate cheers! :beer:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, it made it worth doing to know at least somebody likes it. As said, inspiration was Gaunt's Ghosts novels and the fact that it's mentioned as being the 'official' guard anthem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts