Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
/botnobot/
12,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My gaming group usually plays 2250, but a buddy and I went for 2500 last weekend. We both ran WoC and ended in a draw. I knew he'd take a Hell Cannon, so I wanted a Slaanesh giant for tackling his large target. I also really wanted to run my Dragon Ogre Shaggoth that I'd recently prepped and assembled.

The giant needed a few turns to kill the cannon. He did 4 wounds the first time, then yelled and bawled, and then killed the cannon in the next turn. After that, he had a harder time killing the crew.

By the way, is a hellcannon's crew unbreakable after the crew is killed?

The shaggoth hit a unit of warriors at the same time as two chariots and a BSB on disc, and that was big fun. It's not often you get the chance to beat the living crap out of a unit of warriors.

He skunked my magic with necrotic phylactery on his general and by casting pandemonium over and over. I miscast 5 times but regeneration saved my sorcerer lord's hide for 3 wounds from miscasts.

So what units do you like to take at big games?

Librarium | Online | Forums

·
Registered
774 Posts
I'm assuming you meant are the crew unbreakable after the cannon is dead... and the answer to that is no :)

I've taken an MoS giant a few times and each time its wonderfully underperformed (except as a primary target - which it's done amazingly well at)

at 2250/2500 i'll either go full on magic power (sorc lord on dragon (probably nurgle for RGR) + 2 sorcs) or i'm quite liking my valkia list at the mo (although i've not played with it yet)

·
/botnobot/
12,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no they're dead.....
Well, yes, that would be case, wouldn't it. :soldier:

Yeah, the giant did well, in part, because there was no shooting. And my opponent was targeting his magic elsewhere. Still, he took 4 or 5 wounds.

Librarium | Online | Forums

·
PokeSavant
539 Posts
How do you usually outfit your Sorc on the Dragon?
Sorcerer Lord
- Level 4
- Mark of Nurgle
- Bloodcurdling Roar, Stream of Corruption
- Enchanted Shield, Collar of Khorne, Power Stone, Spell Familiar, Book of Secrets

Hope to nab up Curse of the Leper for breath weapon shenanigans galore.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.