Tactical squad 9 marines 1 with plasma gun 141

Tactical squad 9 marines 1 with heavy bolter 140

Tactical squad 8 marines 1 with plasma gun 126

Grey knights 4 knights 1 with incinerator, justicar 160

HEAVY SUPPORT

Devastator squad 5 marines 3 with missile launcher 1 lascannon 170

Total 1002pts

This is a general purpose army, the tactical squads can shoot enemy troops to soften them up, and then the grey knights can assult with their nice s6 weapons (i will probably teleport them in as a fast attack choice). The devastators provide anti armour capability.

·
Registered
82 Posts
You need to take out some of the terms. Grey knights are too damn expensive. Get more tacticals. I like the plasma guns though, i dont know why people dont use them more

·
Registered
131 Posts
I like Grey Knights alot, but every time I see them teleport in, they get shot up in short order. I like the Grey Knight Termies alot better anyway because they tend to live a bit longer and they all have power weapons. Load up a land raider and go stomp something! However, Terms in a Land Raider is usually not too appropriate for 1k pts. I'd take one unit of power armoured GKs with 3 psycannons (you can put one on the justicar) and just advance them behind one of your tac squads while hosing everyone down on your way in. Just make sure to keep the tac marines base to base so nobody can shoot through them to ht your expensive grey knights. I also agree with weez...plasma guns rock, but you might also want to add a plasma pistol to the sergeant if you have the points.

ps..use smaller fonts! :p

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here is how I would break this down

HQ
Force commander- terminator armour, power sword, storm bolter 105 :D
Great force commander.

TROOPS
Tactical squad 9 marines 1 with plasma gun 141
Solid choice, I like the plasma gun, it allows for movement and firepower.

Tactical squad 9 marines 1 with heavy bolter 140
Solid Choice, However I don't like the heavy bolter it stops the whole squad from moving in order to fire. how about another plasma Gun or maybe just a straight squad no special weapons at all. 141

Tactical squad 8 marines 1 with plasma gun 126
Solid choice, I like the plasma gun, it allows for movement and firepower.

Solid choice

Solid choice

HEAVY SUPPORT

Devastator squad 5 marines 3 with missile launcher 1 lascannon 170
Ok, general support but I would drop a missile launcher and add that Heavy bolter from above. 165

Well my two cents the revised total would be 992

Tim

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thats horrible/ your leader sucks nuts. he needs to drop that gay strom bolter and get a jump pack, with a little assault squad following him. then you never have a 10 man tact. thats a waste of points. make them five man with 2 bolt gunners, i heavy weapon and one light weapon with a seg. then give those extra men to your deavys to make them bigger so you have 4 lasscaonnons with 10 wounds. make two 10 man devys one with plasma cannons and onw ith lasscannons.

·
Registered
717 Posts
jesus caliban, stop sounding like such a retarted moron (*slaps head* oh wait you are 13!). Your force commander is fine, you tool up your lord however you want to, it adds more emphisis on your shooting aspects(people underestimate the bolter too much). I do have one suggestion when i ally marines with my radical squads, i always have a team designated to do one of two things anti tank (small size about 6-8 with a lascannon or missile launcher with a plasma gun) or anti infantry (large troop size 9-10 with a heavy bolter and a plasma gun or flamer) these tend to work better than putting in a heavy support choice to compensate for lack of both.

Now for the grey knights, its good to see people lending their faith to the emperors finest, these guys are geared up for some serious anti infantry shooting, the incinerators are going to be great ONLY if you deepstrike, if you do not take 2 psycannons instead. Also if you are going to deepstrike combine the two squads so that they wont get butchered when you are charged/ wont waste points on 2 justicars. If you are going to stand and shoot put either 1 or 2 psycannons in each squad and deploy on seperate sides of the board.

Good luck, and its good to see a space marine player put emphasis on his troops instead of tanks.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
I'd take one unit of power armoured GKs with 3 psycannons (you can put one on the justicar
Actually, they answered that in a FAQ, Justicars can't take Psycannons, only equiptment. All of use purgation squad enthusiasts cried on that day.

If you're going to Deepstrike the GK, enlarge the squads so they don't get decimated after the first round of shooting. Also, if you throw meltabombs on the Justicars, they become a great anti-armor, just DS them next to a tank.

But seeing as you probably don't want to drop anything else, maybe combining them into one larger Deepstrike squad (with 2x Incinerators and meltabombs) would work for you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.