Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! My first post here. Usually I post up at the command tower IG, but thought I'd stop in here for a change of pace.

So basically, I'm curious as to what doctrines you like to use and what armies. My IG army, which is subject to change as I'm only now starting it, uses steel legion storm trooper models.

Carapace Armor
Mechanized
Enginseers
Grenadiers
Iron Discipline

Whaddaya think of mine? If you have any advice or want to share your own doctrines, It would be great.....

·
Registered
62 Posts
i use

Carapace Armour
Drop Troops
Hardened Fighters
Iron Discipline
Die-Hards

i picked these cause i've always wanted 4+ saves, i've alwayz wanted a CC IG force w/ now WS4!!!! and the rest just fits my fluff

as for your doctrines, they're not bad, the only thing i wouldnt' do is mechanized, because of the money cost to buy chimeras for every squad

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hello,

Question regarding the doctrine costs.

is the cost of the doctrine worht for a squad or for a troop ?

For instance, if you have a troop of 4 squads and you take the carapace armor for the whole troop, is it in total 20pts or 80pts (4*20) cost ?

In the French codex, the phrasing would imply that it's per troop, not per squad.
More interesting...

Kryss

·
Registered
62 Posts
well, i kind of have the same feeling, as in the English Codex it says per unit, i took it as per squad because in the armoury Carapace Armour is 5 pts per model, so 20 pts per squad isn't too bad IMO, so i just put it on every squad to be safe

168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, now I'm not so sure what I'm going to do after all. I'm leaning away from mech forces (I'm not sure why, I seemed so intent upon building one this morning) but I don't have any idea what to do. Since I'm only really just starting, I can't really tell what would be better for me... Any help would be great.

Oh, and by the way the URL for the Command Tower, possibly the greatest IG site on the net, is as follows:

**Link removed. Please post all advert in the adverts board. Sorry dude :/

·
Registered
86 Posts
my army uses the following doctrines

drop troops
carapace armour
close order drill
hardened fighters
sharpshooters

i use mainly sentinals, sooped up close combat infantry, and inderect fire weapons

i LOVE flamers because theres no need for balistic skill. therefore i have many heavy flamers and flamers

my basic plan is to hold back most of my army in reserver with just a few infantry and my tanks out. the tanks and infantry with heavy weapons shoot at the enemy as the close in and then about 3rd-4th turn i drop all the vetrans, officers, infantry and sentinals behind then enemy not only catching him in crossfire but getting stuck in and such, if the enemy beat me in close cmbat, which is suprisingly not very often they still have to advance towards the tanks and infantry in formation.

·
Registered
60 Posts
i think u do have to buy it for each individual squad. gamesworkshop would have been pretty strict on words if it were otherwise.
Droptroops? carapace armor? ur stormboyz are no match fer my ghetto farmboyz!

grenadiers
cheminhalers
mechanized
close order drill
hay wagon

okay, i made the last one up, but those chem inhalers are far more useful than iron discipline or die hards, ur a hardened veteran right? i dont care, my boyz are so hopped up on crack and mary jane they dont know what those words mean.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I just put together a quick response Adeptus Arbites force using the following doctrines:

Carapace Armour
Iron Discipline
Drop Troops
Veterans
Special Weapons Squads

The point of the army is to drop in close and open up with a world of meltaguns, demolition charges and flamers. The Veterans (I take 3 squads worth) are given shotguns, and are used as anti-tank also with meltaguns. The special weapons squads are given either flamers or meltaguns and demolition charges (great marine/terminator/whatever killers) and the standard infantry squads get a flamer each.

Boom!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.