Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that a couple years ago they had a prototype model for new jetbikes. I thought they looked great, but I guess GW never got around to releasing them. Has anyone heard anything about them since?

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Yeah he is right. I was trying to wait but after waiting for over a year, i am goingn to suck it up. I have recently purchased my hoard of bikes.

I just cant wait any longer, I NEED my bike seer council!!! :soldier:

Before I started converting, i was considered using DE bikes and cutting off allt he stabby bits, but then I thought itd clash with my giant squad of normal bikes and shining spears ...all of which are already on normal eldar bikes. booo

·
LO's resident Yowie
941 Posts
That was a sculpt by Jess Goldwin who has done some great work on the other eldar models. Apparently it was just a show of what he can do, but there is still a possibility that they will be released. But don't hold your breath. But you can keep your fingers crossed if you want.

cheers
-DDW

·
Registered
502 Posts
I personally don't mind the jetbikes myself, it's the god awful guardians that ride them I object to. Hence why I got some of those 4 man guardian box sets to replae the guardians I am going to cut up to use as torso/heads for the rider arms/legs.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I didn't think they would release that model as new guardian jetbikes. My reasoning is that, though the guardian jetbikes would be cool, they would not go with the Spears, Farseers or Warlocks on jetbikes. Hard to hold a lance, spear, or sword when laid over the body of the bike like that.

I think the biggest issue with the bikes was the transition from artwork to sculpt. The original pics had the guardians really "sunk in" to the seat, with the head just at the top of the seat back. Very laid back and very cool lookin'.

However, the model ended up having biks a bit too small and guardians that looked more stiff and straight, rather than laid back into the seat. Were the same bikes a tad bigger on the back and the front, a more laid back guardian body could be sculpted to fit in better.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
When they released the dark eldar jet bikes (new ones)...on the GW articles of the day, they mentioned that they did 2 designs one for each eldar. and that they tucked away the eldar designs.

then there was that prototype model from a long time ago by jess goodwin. Which you can see the design is similar to that of the new dark eldar ones.

now kill this thread.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.