Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Psychic Stom says that it is centered on the Ruin Priest, and that all units within him 6'' receive the 5+ cover save until the start of the Ruin Priests next turn. What happens when the Ruin Priest dies? Does it remain in play until the start of the next turn or does it fizzle out since it isn't centered on anything and there wont be another RP next turn? The wording is a little ambiguous and would appreciate some clarification.

Thanks.

·
Registered
260 Posts
The wording is pretty clear to me. All units within 6" of the RP receive the cover save. Since there is no more RP, and therefore no unit is within 6" of him, they receive no cover.

·
Toy Soldier Aficionado
930 Posts
This is a good question, one that I have been curious about for a while. I wrote to GW via Email and of coarse havn't gotten a response in 2 months. Anyways I believe that since the rules state that the rune priest is the center of the storm, if he dies, the storm will fizzle out. As there is no longer a RP on the board and is effectively no longer within 6" of anything.

Reactions: oceanwolf

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool, thanks guys. I agree in that the storm should just fizzle, but 2 heads are better than one and just wanted to hear some other opinions.

Cheers.

·
Too Sexy For My Whirlwind
1,148 Posts
I'm not so certain... The power could be interpretted as all units within 6" of the RP at the time of casting receive a 5+ cover save, and it does go on to specifically say that they receive this bonus until the start of the next turn. I've always read it this way anyway, I didn't really see the idea of the storm following the RP around as making sense game wise(not fluff wise) as this invites problems like this, whereas if you see it just as another "cast and forget" power its a lot more black and white and hence less likely to run into rule complications.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does it move if he moves? If so imo it goes when he dies. If not, then it's not quite so clear cut.
Anyone within 6'' of him receives a cover save, no mention of 'at the time of casting' or something along those lines. So yes, it moves with the RP.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Seems pretty cut and dry - he now provides a cover save to those people at the drinking tables in the SW afterlife :D
Quoted for truth, and they'll need it -superhumans having bar fights...

The Emperor Protects

1 - 9 of 9 Posts