Librarium Online Forums banner

1921 - 1940 of 1957 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Had a game against new space marines totally underwhelmed. Also did some painting on my eldar.
They didn't roflstomp as you had expected?

I jumped up and down and squealed like a little girl when I finally had success with my greenstuff mould for my Chapters' symbol. It only took me the better part of a week to finally succeed.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I sold most of my non essential organs and plundered my bank account to get some stuff from the Covent Garden GW for my AdMech-IG while I was on a four day trip to London.

·
867 Posts
Completely finished basing, painting and decal-ing the Space Marine Bike Squad and Chaplain I bought 12 years ago. That's not as bad as the unfinished "beakies" I found last month with 1991 on the bases ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
"FREE DOWNLOAD - Book: 'The Secrets of the Pro Gamers' - 250+ pages!!!""https://sites.google.com/site/secretsoftheprogamers/ check it out!"

·
Registered
269 Posts
Been fairly active in the hobby this last week or so.

Went to local hardware store and scratch-built a shelf unit so I can finally store all my gaming stuff. Cleared out my room and organised my "pile of shame". Found old paint sets, they'd separated; so I built a centrifuge out of an old tin can and an angle grinder to try and remix and salvage these paints, works pretty well. In my reorganising of my room I discovered my old collection from almost 10 years ago. Mainly old Dark Elves, Daemons, Ape-Like Warriors etc. some where broken. Sold most of them, except my Bretonnians and my 6th Edition Kislev models. Also sold my entire Orcs & Goblins to my cousin who's decided to start the hobby, (except the River Trolls and Forest Goblins as I use them as Chaos Trolls and Hobgoblins in my Warriors and Chaos Dwarf armies).

Finally I got to actually building some models... Built a unit of Zombies, and a unit of Chaos Warriors. That's as far as I've got. No actual painting done.

·
Double Clutching Weasel
3,279 Posts
I've been rocking and rolling on the painting side of things the last week since I've been home. Finally finished up the last of my Brown Marines, next I just need to take some photos to junk (ebay) those guys and get them out of the house. Finally based my Yu Jing starter box, so I just need to get a base coat on them and start painting those guys. And I've got most of my Tyranids (gants, thrope-kit, etc) finally shaved down and cleaned, so while I don't plan on painting them anytime soon, I've got most of the guys off the sprue, at least.

Currently painting some Tactical Terminators that have been left half-finished for the last year or so. Might actually post a picture in a project thread in a day or two, which would make me feel like I accomplished something.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
I'm redoing all my armies due to a mishap involving fire and a crazy ex-friend! Years of hard work are gone, and now I must start anew.

I put together a Necron battleforce just now, so now I just need more stuff and things to put together for a coherent fighting force. I gave my brother my old Dark Vengeance models (no need for them on my end, as they WERE just sitting in the box) and the leftover Necron bits from the battleforce. He immediately had me put together a Necron commander for him, and I realized he likes bling a lot more than I do. Therefore next paycheck I'm getting him a Space Marine box of some kind. I like my Marines plain and simple.

I'll get pics of these relatively soon up here. The pics are on my phone and that involves getting them to a hosting site.

·
Double Clutching Weasel
3,279 Posts
I'm redoing all my armies due to a mishap involving fire and a crazy ex-friend! Years of hard work are gone, and now I must start anew.

I put together a Necron battleforce just now, so now I just need more stuff and things to put together for a coherent fighting force. I gave my brother my old Dark Vengeance models (no need for them on my end, as they WERE just sitting in the box) and the leftover Necron bits from the battleforce. He immediately had me put together a Necron commander for him, and I realized he likes bling a lot more than I do. Therefore next paycheck I'm getting him a Space Marine box of some kind. I like my Marines plain and simple.

I'll get pics of these relatively soon up here. The pics are on my phone and that involves getting them to a hosting site.
Space Marines are where it's at for bling. Was working on my chapter again, and I forgot how much fun the modeling side was compared to the rest of the less supported armies.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Space Marines are where it's at for bling. Was working on my chapter again, and I forgot how much fun the modeling side was compared to the rest of the less supported armies.
My Pedro Kantor was basically a modded Combi-Bolter and a Power Fist Marine. My brother didn't get why I liked it more than the official model, and it's simply because it's too "busy" I guess.
He'll have fun on that end I'm sure. I'm sure he'll want to chop off some of the pointy bits of the Dark Vengeance Models and stuff for the Marines instead!

1921 - 1940 of 1957 Posts