Votes: 2 10.5%
  • sorceror with lore of death

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i am going to get a tzeench army, and i want at least 3 magic users who are heros, not lords, what should i use and which lore should they use?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Sorcerers can't be given the Mark of Tzeentch.

I recommend you use Exalted Champions (the price/quality ratio is much better, than with the Aspiring Champion) with the MoT and if you want some variation in your spell range, then a Sorcerer with the Lore of Fire (IMO, LoF has nice offensive spells, which may be very useful to balance out the unpredictabilty of the Lore of Tzeentch) will be nice.

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
What points level are you playing at here? Id say have atleast 1 Champ, with Tzeentch, Id voted Aspiring, but go Exhalted if you can afford it, its not much more and the Statboost is pretty good if there is a chance he will see combat.

The Sorceror option (Fire) is a common choce as its a cheap way to get some variation in magic into your army.

The third Caster can be a repeat of one of these 1st two, or, something you havent included in the Poll, a BoC BrayShaman.

If you are including a Beast herd in your list then a Shaman can be a good (cheap) choice, and also the option between Lores can be battle dependant. Although opposed to Fire and Tze, lore of Beasts has some nice tacical spells, as opposed to straight damage.

·
Watcher In The Sky
1,083 Posts
I go with one of each in less than 2000pts, one Exalted with mark of tzeentch, one Aspiring with mark of tzeentch and a sorceror, usually with lore of fire.

I would try and get 2 Exalteds instead of one exalted and one aspiring, but I cant help feeling that two chaos champions of equal ability would not stay long together without either fighting or one leaving to start his own warband. Fluff happens, I cant help it :p.

In 2k I go with the same but add a Lord of Tzeentch on a disc

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, i'm probably going to get 2 exalteds and a sorceror with lore of fire, could anyone tell me what spells i should use? Cheers! :drinking:

·
Registered
71 Posts
You don't get to chose spells, you get a random spell (roll a D6 dice and either keep the spell you rolled or switch it for the default spell in the lore), from the lore you've chosen, for each of your caster's magic level.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah but when me and my friend play we sometimes make a rule that we choose our own magic

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hehe, thats a nice handy rule... kinda makes life a bit too easy tho i think :p

I use 2x exalted champs with MoT, one on a disc and one on foot in my 1.5k / 1k (sometimes) armies. If i were to get a third, probably a sorc with LoF would be handy, as tzeentch can be a little unpredictable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts