Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone im a fairly recent daemonhunter player, ive got about 200 points and im getting ig allies, i was wondering what i should be getting to help my Gold Knights, ISTs, dreadnought, LRC, 2 death cults, vindicaire and a whole wack of inquisitors and retinue, the inquisitors are posted oin my last article.

Any ideas guys? Any comments are appreciated, im trying to get allies preferably IG but any suggestions are nice, sincerely,

Mustardknight.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oops!

sry guys ive got over 2000 points not 200 sry.:yes: :shifty: :unsure: :wub: :beer: :hump: :doctor: :blink: :blush: :argh: :lol:

·
Registered
3,523 Posts
First off, please don't double post. There's a small pencil icon in the lower right corner of your posts, this allows you to edit your text.

I use inducted IG myself (Inducted, mind you, not allied. No such thing as allied IG) and love 'em. When choosing what to take, consider what your army needs. Inducted IG fill two basic needs: speed and heavy weapons. If you desperately need one more than the other, take two of the relevant units instead of mixing and matching.

If you're looking for speed, take Armored Fist squads. These consist of 10 Guardsmen inside a Chimera. They have the ability to take a heavy weapon, which sets them ahead of IST despite the lower armor save. I like to take Lascannons or Missile Launchers in these units, as this basically allows you to counter both of DH's weak points at once. I actually also tend to use these units broken apart - I drop the squad off at an advantageous site and then use the Chimera seperately. Since they have different weapon types (heavy bolter/multi-laser vs anti-tank weapons), they won't necessarily ever be effective vs the same targets anyways. Also, remember that Chimeras can hold 12 models, but AF squads are only 10 men. You can buy an Elite Inquisitor without a retinue, give him a bolter and a Teleport Homer, and stick him inside an Armored Fist's Chimera to bring down your GK!

If you're looking for heavy weapons, take Platoons. These consist of three to five squads of Guardsmen (one command squad of 5 men, the rest are infantry squads of 10 men), each of whom can take a heavy weapon! The squads don't have to work coherently with their Platoon-mates, so you don't need to keep 45 men that closely packed. The command squads also have the option of, instead of buying a heavy weapon, taking up to FOUR special weapons. I like to give these units four plasma guns and use them as a suicide charge vs heavy infantry. The infantry squads I give one heavy weapon (usually 2-3 lascannons or missile launchers, and sometimes autocannons or heavy bolters if I use a full-strength Platoon).

In addition, you can take some IG vehicles. You may buy a squad of Sentinels, which are basically uber-light walkers. With an AV of 10, even a bolter can bring them down, so don't think they'll last long! I leave them with Autocannons (upgrading to a lascannon is too expensive) and infiltrate them into cover. When I'm lucky, I can get some first-turn kills of enemy transports (Rhinos, Chimeras, and the xenos equivalents). If you have two or more IG Troops choices (Platoons and AFs), you may purchase a Leman Russ tank. This guy is great, and if you're able to fit one into your army, you definitely should!

Couple of things to remember:
* Inducted units DO take up space in your FOC. So if you have, say, three DH Fast Attack choices, you wouldn't be able to induct a unit of Sentinels (as they count as Fast Attack).
* Your mandatory choices (1 HQ and 2 Troops) must come from the DH list, NOT from the inducted IG (or for that matter, any allied armies). So don't try and take IG units as your only Troops or anything like that.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I have a pure Dh army as well. When I want to play my IG I like to use the GKs as allies in my IG list - this way I can take a command platoon and IG platoons or stormtroopers as troops, sentinels and a russ if I like. I use GM and termies as my secong HQ and a squad of FAGK in my fast attack slots. You have a lot of flexibility if you slowly build your IG.

·
durus
2,771 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Many thanks guys sry megalo its the second time i do that with double posting ill stop. Im a canadian too eh? One question, am i allowed to have 2 plattons and a russ if i dont want armoured fists?

·
durus
2,771 Posts
Yes, you can take two platoons instead of an Armoured Fist Squad. The Deamonhunter dex also lets you take two Armored Fist squads as two full troop choices for your inducted IG.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Vet Guardsmen

I know this may sound a little crazy but it is something to look at, would be vet guardsmen fr your DH army, i know this would mean giving up some big units but it would also save you some points. they have SM BS and can take a hw and 3 SW. Not to mention you can tool up the Vet Sgt, infiltrate,and transport. Just FYI

·
Registered
3,523 Posts
DarkKnight said:
I know this may sound a little crazy but it is something to look at, would be vet guardsmen fr your DH army, i know this would mean giving up some big units but it would also save you some points. they have SM BS and can take a hw and 3 SW. Not to mention you can tool up the Vet Sgt, infiltrate,and transport. Just FYI
IG Vets aren't one of the units allowed to be inducted into a DH or WH army. Only Platoons, Fists, Sentinels, Rough Riders, and a Russ.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thank you very much everyone for your help.
Wow, alot of viewers lol hello!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.