Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
DING
1,740 Posts
Cheese is exactly what it says on the tin. If you are playing in a very unsporting fashion, using the same game winning tactic over and over again, having an eldar army with three wraithlords, one avatar and six scouts in two squads of three it is cheese, you are being cheesy, dripping of fromage even :D . The Eden Emperor, The King Cheese etc etc etc. Hope you get the idea.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Cheese is a yummy food!!! Grate some on chips and put em in the microwave for 60 some seconds and you get nachos!!!!!
Jk
Cheese is supposed to be something of an unsporting and over powerful fashion, also called powergaming. Taking an army full of minumn squads all with heavy weapons, for instance, could be conserded powergaming.
Also some people cry cheese when they get beaten by something rather harshly, but its probbly not cheese just the other person being a whiney git, things like monoliths and ulthwe seer council come to mind for which people will cry cheese, but their really not.

·
Sorcerer
1,532 Posts
Cheese is everything and everyone. It is everywhere although you canot see it. Sometimes it manifests itself into its mortal form - although this is widely belived to be a dairy product, HA! foolish mortals....

·
Registered
593 Posts
I agree with you there, xaero. ***** is everyones obsesion with cheese? This guy asks and honest question, and then all the cheese fetishists come out to scare him off.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I like cheese also but i have to say this: 3 Wraithlords are not cheesy! They are just very, very, very hard to kill lol. Actually to be honest killing 3 wraithlords isn't all that hard it just takes knowledge and time. The monilith however is another bucket of bolts! Don't get me started on that glorified er...thing!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Killing Wraithlords takes lots of snipers and heavy weaponry. It's still cheese, though, as most people wont be ready for three wraithlords and an avatar in a 500 point game.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Now that is cheesy, using an avatar and 3 wraithlords in a 500pts battle. What kind of idiot plays so crappy that he needs to use them to win?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Yup, the worst army I have ever seen cheesyness wise.

1 Avatar 80

3 Rangers 57
3 Rangers 57

3 Wraithlord 225
2 Starcannon 90

Total 509

·
Registered
342 Posts
That isn't cheese, that's way beyond it! There is no reason why someone needs to use that army (unless winning is more imporant to them than having fun) That army isn't in character, i mean where's the Guardians? My gaming club would rip him to bits for even suggesting an army list like that (not literally obviously.)

·
Registered
253 Posts
though some people like to do that take me for instance even though it looks like power gaming im puting

2 dreads
a crusader
grand master and retinue
2 squads of 8 knights
2 squads of 5 stormies

in a 1500 pts army

why? i like it that way im not a power gamer
heck i lose a lot..........

its not about winning its about having fun and having character in ur army

like me i like strong things instead of a lot of things

its about ur way of looking at things and not about winning

sure winning is good.... but its not fun if all u do is make a super strong army just to win

ITS ABOUT CHARACTER

nuff said im gonna go convert my 1st dreadnought

·
Registered
342 Posts
I never use a tactic if it's out of character with my army. Unfortunately other players aren't the same. I've lost count the number of times I've seen the '3 teir cheese' (An Avatar behind a squad of 20 Guardians and a Wraithlord behind the Avatar - you need to kill the guardians to shoot at the Avatar and you need to kill both the Guardians and the Avatar to shoot the Wraithlord)

·
Registered
593 Posts
Ouch, that sucks. An avatar counts as infantry then, otherwise the guardians wouldn't be able to screen him. Hmm, to beat thatm try to flank him. :p

·
Registered
167 Posts
...and as I read in a FAQ on GWs page... . to screen someone from being shot at your screens models must basically stand right next to each other. If they are 2" apart you can still fire between them if there is a line of sight... and if they are _that_ close, then barrage, blast and flamers makes things funny.... ;)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.