Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who is the best HQ and retinue? who is the most fluffy?

My votes

I think the strongest is either the Seer Coucil or the Ork Nobz in Mega Armor
The Seer coucil has witchblades(wounds anythign on a 2), WS and I 6, Re-Rollable 4+ inv saves, and a whole lot of guardians mowing down a path with their shuriken. Also the Seer Coucil can have a very nice Meat shield of 20 guardians with a 5+ cover save that can be re rolled with fortune.

Ork nobz in mega armor have 2 wounds a piece, 2+ save(sometime 5+ inv) and huge kinds of attacks and one the charge...ini 8. if armed with power claws and choppas, they can take on just about anything. especially if they are in a trukk, they get where they are going fast!

what do u think? did i miss a potential candidate? let me know and ill add it.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I think that most HQ choices are pretty spiffy... The Seer Council is Irritating and Hard, The Orks are way Hard, but ultimatly slow, I've seen some wickedly scary DE HQ selections as well, an Thousand Sons Srcerer Cabals can be insanley destructive. In the end I'd have to give a slight nod to the Seer Council, Witchblades and all those Psychic powers win out in the end.

However being a Ravenguard player, I'd have to say my personal favorite is a Chaplain with lightning claws, and tooled up for CC backed by a Ravenguard command squad all equipped with lightning claws and Jump Packs. A devastating CC monster it is... Usually the core of my attacking force, they can pretty much go toe to toe with any CC unit in the galaxy... They're my ace in the hole...

·
Registered
340 Posts
I went with daemon prince because I've never actually seen a Seer Council in action, but I have seen some badass daemon princes. Some guy on the GW forums got his daemon prince so nuts that it could take out Kharn and the Bloodletter at the same time.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I go with Grand Master and Retinue. Just cause I'm a GK player.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Dark eldar are obiovusly the best. Theres really only a couple units in the game that stand a chance: Large units of paraiahs, howling banshees, greater deamons and deamon princes. because they all have eather invulnerable saves, Super toughness, weapon skill and wounds. or strike before the "archon and friends"

·
850 Posts
I think really all HQ and their retinues are all strong, but they also have have their disadvantadges as well. I like my HQ and his 7 man chosen termie squad all w/ the mark of nurgle, but i also like the ones you posted.

·
994 Posts
I think really all HQ and their retinues are all strong
i disagree hear. i think that the hq squad of imperial guard should be stronger.

but if you include the other add ons to the hq (sentinels heavy and special weapons group) then it is strong but this isnt part of the squad.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i disagree that all hq are strong. the sisters of battle cannonnnes is very weak unfortunatley. this will change(hopefully when witchunters comes out) also the tau XV8 isnt that strong. (although the ethearl is good) it kinda depends on yur style of play, but i wanted to knwo the ultimate whoop a s s hq and retuine.

Maybe ill suggest a HQ bash(instead of hero bash) at my store and post the reults.

·
Registered
266 Posts
IMHO the Ork Nobz are the strongest retinue, but Mega Armor is not "all that and a bag of chips."

Mega Armor restricts your weapons to a Power Claw and Shoota, and disallows the Bionik Arm, so you will never get more attacks from two weapons. My Nobz have 'Eavy Armor (4+ save) and the Bionic Bonce (increases armor save by 1 so 3+ save). Then I give them a choppa and slugga and put as many Power Claws in the unit as I can afford. Sometimes, depending on the game, I will give them Cybork Bodies as well (5+ invul).

This actually gives my nobz more attacks as well as giving them the option to strike at initiative order with their choppas (and charging nobz are I 6 so it is a very good thing). This also gets rid of the problem of "difficult terrain" i.e. Mega Armor crappy slowness. I also usually fit in a Mekboy in the mob w/ a Kustom Force Field to help protect the retinue and any vehicle they ride in, and a Mad Dok or two to minimise the wounds taken.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Ork nobs in mega armor, mean, green, close combat machine...WAAAGH!

·
Registered
199 Posts
thousand sons sorceror cabals (theoretically the unit can be armed with lascannons, terminator armour and lightning claws.....)

hmmmm, also some seriously tooled up space marine command squads can do serious damage from my experiance. Ravenguard, BT, BA honour guards and SW retinues can rip apart just about anything themselves (especially when led by a well-tooled up commander and given a LRC transport)

·
Registered
253 Posts
gk termies and grand master are the best in my opinion

they can swat down a DE archon in 1 shot with a psy cannon

they can also take down a daemon prince

i think they can kill the orks....i dunno i havent played mega armored ones

·
Registered
60 Posts
I think a Shas'O and a body guard. Simply because they can mount a series of fearsome weapons, can target multiple enemies, jump in and out of cover and invulnerable saves. If they all have a Plasma rifle, missile pod, sheild generator and a hard wired multi traker they are a force to be reckoned with. Get them into close combat and you stuffed (and stupid) but they can outshoot almost anything.

·
Registered
959 Posts
i say daemon prince because my world eater prince and every other prince ive seen have just torn up anything that gets in their way and this is without a retinue.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
everybody thinks the demon prince are invincible.(not u carcarot) they arent the greatest. iv beaten em with wraithlords!

gk flayer, the psycannon cant take down the archon. the psy cannon is ap4 correct? so cant doenst it ignore invulnerbale saves of 4+ and up? the archon has a 2+ inv save.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.