Which Legion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After the heresy failed the legions fled to the eye of terror. But which is the best? Opinions please. It can be about their models, fluff, rules, playing style e.t.c

·
Registered
367 Posts
I'd say Night Lords. They are tactically very interesting, because Fast Attack choices can be very flexible.

·
The other Kind of Fluff
7,759 Posts
Hmm...not sure if this poll can be answered that simply. On the one hand, both the W.E. and the N.L. have serious handicaps against certain bug builds, but on the other, they are very effective -vs- other armies. You see, here's the problem with the poll: Particular armies dominate in a given scenario (W.E. in c.c., for example), but are horrible at others (W.E. against genestealers). And to further complicate the matter, armies, such as D.G. are not particularily dominating at any one aspect of the game, but instead, are well-round.

Hmm...still a little unsure how to vote. I'm giving my vote to B.L., because they are the most versatile army in chaos and can borrow from everyone else (this vote, coming from a D.G. player).

·
Registered
598 Posts
World Eaters all the way!

·
Son of LO
5,146 Posts
You should add a caveat that people shouldn't vote for the legions they play, otherwise this thread is a popularity contest..

It's a very close run for me between the Emperor's Children (who I play) and the Thousand Sons.

I picked the thousand sons because, while I don't like their models, they have some fantastic fluff, and their rules, while not the best in the game, are some of the most unique and interesting in the game.

·
Now with STFU flames!
6,378 Posts
There is no "best" Legion. There are the ones that a person might like, and there are ones that a person might not like. For instance - while Ubernyaw loves World Eaters, I can't stand them. Does that make them better or worse? It's all opinion, and can't be summed up with a simple radial button on a web-forum.

The_Giant_Mantis said:
You should add a caveat that people shouldn't vote for the legions they play, otherwise this thread is a popularity contest..
And there's problem number 2 - most people are going to simply vote for the Legion they play, because obviously they're playing the "best" Legion, right?

The next problem is that threads like this quickly develop into pointless spamming and flaming. For instance, if I were to say "Thousand Sons are the best" then at some point someone will have to correct me and explain why Thousand Sons suck, and their Legion is better.

All of those reasons is why "What is the best Legion/Chapter/Army" threads are closed on sight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.