Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I'm back >.>
2,233 Posts
Greenstuff is the normal putty Gw has, it is reasonable to work with, there will be some articles on the mainpage soon for GS working and mixing etc.

GS is good for details, milliput is better for larger stuff and is able to be carved and filed.

But GS you can use different mixes of the parts to make the properties different. If you want more info either Pm me and Ill help and once the article is up Ill send it to you.

·
Chilli Fueled Heretic
5,839 Posts
Here is the milliput brand website.
The Epoxy Putty With A Thousand Uses

Miliput is, as pickle put it, better for larger stuff. Green stuff is also known as Kneadatite. Well, i would say it is a very good material for 'base' work, not bases as in those your model stands on, but base as in the start of a fully sculpted model. Milliput costs less (while Greenstuff costs lots and GW GS cost a STUPID amount) and sets VERY hard,it will be easy to start a model by making the basic shape in Milliput and then sculpting the details onto with greenstuff or brownstuff dependant on the texture and properties you require from the materials once cured.

If you can get hold of milliput for some reason, do it on the cheap, use plastacine and superglue, its messy and doesnt do the job as good but its fast and lazy!

Below is company who sell sculpting products cheap
Heresy Miniatures EPOXY MODELLING PUTTY aka GREEN STUFF, BROWN STUFF, KNEADATITE, DURO, also PROCREATE

In short, Greenstuff for details and milliput for large undetailed work.

Dan

·
LO Zealot
1,744 Posts
The previous users said almost everything. What I know from my past use of both materials that GS dries and is strong. On the other hand if you use Miliput for detail work on a mini and let it dry there is a chance that it will break of a misuse, as if you hit the bag or you drop the mini - by mistake always!.

·
A bit of alright.
675 Posts
You can file milliput but if it is too thin it can become brittle it is by all means harder than greenstuff. Also greenstuff is far more adhesive making it much better for adding detail or repairs.

·
Cthulhu's Lovechild
1,746 Posts
I find Miliput behaves like clay when it's soft.
GS behaves like soft plastic (or wax) and sticks to itself a lot better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.