Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the hardest army for DH to beat? I wanna know so as to try and avoid them...

·
Simple Green.
969 Posts
My personaly Hardest is Eldar and Dark Eldar because of all their low AP and I just cannot take down their tanks. (I play Eldar too so I even know what to shoot and what not to).

·
Registered
214 Posts
Agreed.
Definatly Eldar, I currently don't play DH, but I have before and I know first hand what all of those low AP weapons can do to you. Damn Starcannons.....:((

I play BA, and I was playing a 1500pt battle against DH. I decided to fiddle with my list abit and add new combos, which out of that came up a Sanguianry High Priest with a 5 -man honour guard worth approximatly 350pts! This squad (all power weapons) walked through one 8 man GK squad without suffering any casualties watsoever. Then another 7 man squad with only two casualties. So I gotta say, BA can definatly hold their groiund against DH :yes: .

HPA

·
Registered
502 Posts
For Me, Blood Angels. DH simply dont have enough low ap weaponry to deal with death company and honor guard with jump packs properly. Grey Knights dont hold a candle to death company in CC when the opposing player is smart and gives his sarges power weapons. Then he can take his sarges in the DC and they keep the power weapons. Truly devastating. i can't beat BA definitely if i have an all comers list, and maybe if i take a list to combat them specifically.

·
durus
2,578 Posts
Armoured Co would be mine, Ordinance is a killer for Grey Knights, and we have squat to kill all that AV 14, Schrouding doesn't work well against Ordnance, bla bla bla.

·
Simple Green.
969 Posts
Hmmm, never faced an armoured company player before so I can't vouch for that one....I'm 1-1 against my friend's Blood Angels and he takes that honor guard and suped up HQ every time, damn thing is very tough.

·
Registered
386 Posts
You have no idea how incredibly annoying Guard can be. I've never played Eldar of any flavor, and only Static Tau (those were a pain too). But Guard shoot so many times it doesn't matter that lasguns suck or that I've got shrouding, eventually he's gonna roll well. Plus, loads of tanks, and millions of guys in CC. I have no patience for Guard, because every time I tear up a few guys there's 40 more 4-point Conscripts to go through.

Ugh. :wacko:

Of course, I'm still starting out compared to most people, and I haven't fine-tuned my list yet. But Guard are still aggravating.

=][=

·
durus
2,578 Posts
Yes, there are certain armies that give every army a tough time.

Example: Deamonhunters should be able to give Necrons a good thrashing.

Example: Necrons Kill Imperial Guard usually, damn Gauss weapons!

Example: IG kill Deamonhunters, Ordnance, Plasma Guns, Kasillion troops.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Every army has their strengths and weaknesses. The trick is to play them against each other in your favor. Some armies, like Necron, have some inherent weaknesses as a race that may be exploited by anyone. Others, like SM and Chaos, have fewer racial weaknesses but will create some depending on army composition.

Here are my opinions on the armies I have owned over the years.

DH
Weaknesses
Limited anti-armor.
High point cost for infantry.
Armies that give them trouble
Vehicle-heavy armies (Mech IG, Mech Tau)
Lots of AP3 or better weapons (Eldar)

Necron
Weaknesses
Limited AP3 or better weapons
Vulnerable to CC
CC armies, especially with power weapons (Khorne, DE)
Lots of AP3 or better weapons (Eldar)

Tyranids
Weaknesses
Limited anti-tank capability
Limited ranged weapons
Vehicle-heavy armies (Mech IG, Mech Tau)
High fire-rate armies (Tau, IG, Eldar)

·
Registered
410 Posts
Eldar and Dark Eldar are a problem for almost any army.

The Eldar Starcannon will mow through GKs, and they don't have that many models to spare. Also DH don't have a whole lot of mobility which the Eldar do have.

Your only real hope is to have your dreads and psycannon shoot at those heavy skimmers and take them out of commission. You will need lots of glancing shots though because of their damn Holofields and Spirit stones.

·
LO Zealot
1,692 Posts
Blood Angels. I never thought I'd see an army that could hand the grey knights ass to them, but then I saw the death company. And they move to damn fast. Stupid jump packs. Now, if we only had grey knight bikers, with nemesis force lances, the shoe would be on the other foot.:yes:

·
I am a free man!
4,941 Posts
dr_nick22 said:
Now, if we only had grey knight bikers, with nemesis force lances, the shoe would be on the other foot.:yes:
:yes: Oh, man, I've had exactly this thought ever since I picked up the codex. Why don't our Grey Knights -- "KNIGHTS" I say again -- have a mounted option? It seems kind of like a ... fluffy oversight, to put it mildly.

·
Simple Green.
969 Posts
Because that would be totally unfair. Think about it. Models with str-6, initiative order, moving 12", and one having a power weapon!? I sure wouldn't want to go against that and if there was EVERY other army would complain except Eldar and Dark eldar because they can shoot the bikes down every time.

·
Registered
386 Posts
No dude, bikes are stupid. What we need are Grey Knights with jump packs. Tell me that wouldn't be totally awesome.

=][=

·
LO Zealot
1,692 Posts
JustikarYuri said:
No dude, bikes are stupid. What we need are Grey Knights with jump packs. Tell me that wouldn't be totally awesome.

=][=
Yeah, but it's not as fluffy. Plus jump packs don't give you +1 toughness!;)

·
OM NOM NOM
370 Posts
I think the jump packs and bikes would be cool, but i think you should somehow be able to get termies on bikes (heavy cavalry type of people). the problem is though, you can't really deep strike a team of mechanical horses of the future into the battlefield, so that's where jump packs come in! of course, if you could put them on terminators, that would be pretty cheesy, but i'd like it.

·
I am a free man!
4,941 Posts
I agree with Dr_Nick: Jump packs just aren't the right fluff for "knights". Knights were the heavy cavalry, and I really wish we had the option to put that on the 40K battlefield. Especially since other armored space marines can do this.

And I think it could totally be fair, nemesis force lances and all ... provided we pay the points for 'em. ;) Would our mounted GKs at, I dunno, say 60 points apiece?, be worth the investment? That's up to you. And obviously, if you mount your GKs on bikes, you shouldn't be allowed to teleport them, too. Wouldn't even make any sense.

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
Saim Hann eldar - for 1170 points you get 18 vypers- fast skimmers, with star cannon (that is 54 shots ignoring your armour save per turn), take a falcon (more skimmer nastyness) and a HQ and GKs may as well pack their suitcase right then

1 - 20 of 34 Posts