Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is your Favorite First Person Shooter?

Alot of games came out dubbed the counter strike killer! But there really has not been one.. The battlefield series was really an inovation to this and swung alot of people but source really came back hard.

My favorite all time FPS has to be Day of Defeat: Source.. love the era.. Love the team play and the Heavy machine guns.. plus the levels really rock..

Special mentions : Medal of Honour.. the normandy beach landing was a kick..and Desert Combat..no explanation required.

BUT.. I wanna see a Warhammer 40k FPS.. Imagine that.. BF like FPS mod, and you could be all of the races with all the vechicles and weapons..and ..and.. oh shut up..:wacko:

Take care.

·
Slave to the flesh
4,330 Posts
My favourite FPS is Timesplitters 2.

It is really fun, the graphics are cool and it runs amazingly fast.

There is a 40k FPS, its called fire warrior, it is pretty good, it gets hard and you face some amazing enemies and go to some cool places.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I have seen fire warrior, did not really get into it as I was not on the warhammer page back then.. Time splitters 2 never heard of it.. I gotta look this up..

cheers Outsider..always keen for a lokk at a cool game..

Take care..

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Daikatana! :w00t: Err. . . actually, no. I'd have to say Deus Ex.

·
The Orange Grey Knight
4,777 Posts
As far as the Funnest FPS I've everplayer, it has to go to Gunz, The Deul, a awsome game from korea or something, it's lots of fun running on the walls and doing all kinds of crazy Matrix style stunts.

I just started playing Halo on the PC (got it from a friend finally, also FPS don't belong on consoles!!!) and I'm loving it, My Graphics card lets me play full settings and it's just really fun. I also really enjoy Republic Commando, I liked Battlefront 1, but I find it kind of boring, and have yet to play Battlefront 2, but I've heard good things.

I can't really pick a favorite, theres just too many fun ones!

Mike

·
Registered
970 Posts
Gunz was cool, Shotgun someone in the back, run up the wall to avoid shots, flip up onto the balcony, run along the wall shooting at people below you etc. Much fun, at least for a while, before it became grinding for levels.

I have to say that Fire Warrior is one of the worst FPS games I have ever played. Extremely generic levels "find the blue key to get through the blue door, then the green key to get through the green door then the magenta, cyan and orange key to get through the final door". That and they just got so many basic 40k things wrong, like the fact that marines fired their bolters as though they were rocket launchers, firing about 1 round a minute.

My favourite is probably F.E.A.R.
Extremely smart enemies, great physics, bullet time, cool guns (theres nothing like running up to someone in slow motion and blowing them in half with the shotgun) and an spooky atmosphere that had you ready to jump just about all the time.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Ebon Hand said:
For me it was Half-Life, that game was so great. The face huggers gave my brother nightmares. :D
Hahah! AvP did that for my brother. :lol:

*scritch, scritch, scritch*
Hmm. . . face hugger. . .
*scritch, scritch*
Where the hell is it!?
*scritch, scritch, scritch*
Where. . ?
*scritch, scritch, SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!*
AAAAAARRRRGGHH!!!

·
Dethskullz Warboss
1,377 Posts
I have to pick, half life 1 and 2 both have great story lines and action, also AvP2 it can be good fun when your 10 marines fighting off 20 aliens bots with alien preds/queens chasing you to and I currently playing a team based HL mod called Sven-Coop you can get it on the steam program the game and levels are quite wacky.

·
Consumate professional
3,514 Posts
Personally my favourite is Call of Duty 2 for PC- so atmospheric, and love the battle chatter of your mates.

Other favourites are Call of Duty 1 and Medal of Honour: Frontline (ok i like WW2 shooters!) and i liked the whole feel of Republic Commando. The biggest dissapointment for me was Far Cry, so hyped and so damn jerky...

Personally i liked FireWarrior, although i played it on PS2 not PC, but then again i really enjoyed KillZone too and a lot of people slate that (come on the level in the park was cool!)

·
Slave to the flesh
4,330 Posts
Firewarrior and Killzone are pretty cool (god that park level is so annoying!).

If anyone has ever got to the end of firewarrior will realise that the game isn't as lame as you think, that last three levels (especially on hard!) get vicious.

·
Consumate professional
3,514 Posts
The_Outsider said:
Firewarrior and Killzone are pretty cool (god that park level is so annoying!).

If anyone has ever got to the end of firewarrior will realise that the game isn't as lame as you think, that last three levels (especially on hard!) get vicious.

i kept triggering the daemonic prince who whupped me (basically i suck at FPS') and it did get me jumpy when the chaos SMs kept popping up right in front of you in the mid way levels

·
338 Posts
Diggums Hammer said:
Duke Nu'Kem, er.......... that was back in the day!
They just don't make em like they used to eh? of course I havn't played much thats recent so i really don't know for sure...

My personal pick for all time favorite FPS has to be System shock 2. It's definatly dated at this point, and it lacks a competitive mutiplayer, but what it lacks, it makes up 10 fold in atmosphere, and cool game mechanics.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.