Librarium Online Forums banner

What is your favorite Dark Elf hero?

• Malus Darkblade, ruthless slaughter and a cunning cold one is the way to go!

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Shadowblade, I love the look on an opponants face when he appears in a gunline.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Lokhir Fellheart, deadly regenerating slaver of doom FTW!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sorceress... ZAAP!!!... I love the smell of charred corpses in the morning!

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Master, don't need to be a special character to be a good general.

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Death Hag... crazy, scantly clad, bloodthirsty... what more could you want?

Votes: 1 5.9%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've been a Dark Elf player since the early days of 6th edition and Heroes tend to be my most enjoyed part of my army and as a result the army is usually built around them.

So I was curious... what is your favorite Hero choice and why? What do you equip them with and how do they play in to your game winning strategies?

I chose Malus Darkblade... ever since I first used him in 6th edition he has been my favorite Dark Elf Character maybe even more so now that he is a hero instead of a lord. Reading the Malus Darkblade Chronicles just further cemented his position as general in my armies. He usually leads a unit of 9 cold one knights with full command and maybe a magic banner or a null talisman on the champ.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have to go with the sorceress sience I don't like named characters.

Allso, I never leave home without Atleast one! Maybe in games below 1K pts...
They are versatile and able to cast any spells they get thanks to Druchii Sorcery!

There is really no reason to not have one.

·
Registered
326 Posts
The special characters all cost too much for what they do.

I like the hags, but only when they hang out on a cauldron, so I don't use them every game.

I really don't care for sorceresses much, I prefer the lord choice. The normal ones are support. I still take one every game over 1500, but they aren't something I expect to do much.

So I guess that leaves the master. Whom I value for his ability to swing a S6 weapon, and hold useful trinkets. His leadership is nice in smaller games, and he is really hard to kill if built properly. Since I have taken to using BSBs, I now take at least 1 master every game, 1 as general and/or 1 as a BSB. I think he is a more efficient choice than a dreadlord for any list that doesn't want a dragon.

·
859 Posts
ZZZAAAP!

I love magic users, I use them in all my fantasy armies as most of the characters even if that's a terrible idea. I just adore magic use, I am terrible at guessing ranges so heavy artillery tend to be out for me, so the risk involved in magic is more rewarding :)

That and watching an opponent tear his hair out after a dozen spells is just funny.
"Are you done yet?... now?... How about now?... I'm out of dispell dice, surely you're finished... more?... MORE?!... What do you mean now shooting?! Isn't it my turn yet?!"

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I love magic users, I use them in all my fantasy armies as most of the characters even if that's a terrible idea. I just adore magic use, I am terrible at guessing ranges so heavy artillery tend to be out for me, so the risk involved in magic is more rewarding :)
Yeah I must say that I do love magic users. It probably has something to do with my first army being Dwarfs and getting to use something they don't have... come to think of it that is probably why my 1500 pt Malus Darkblade Army is all Cavalry (apart from the Hydra), and that army has 2 Sorceresses as well... Its like everything I could never get (but always wanted) from Dwarfs in one army (speed, mobility, tactical flexibility, fear, terror and MAGIC!).

Although my Dwarf background has made me near perfect with guess range weapons.

·
Premium Member
4,800 Posts
Sorceresses are critical but I went with the Master. Things always come down to the charge and the Master is the one who wins in close combat. The other choices only pave the road.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I feel a little overwhelmed. Personally I'm a fan of Shadowblade, particularly when he is able to sneak up behind the enemy and begin whiping out warmachines and wizards on my opponent's side of the table.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts