Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Librarium Online!
A couple of weeks ago I started a 40Kaos Daemon army with a box of the lovely new plastic Daemonettes. Now I have gotten another box of daemonettes, 6 Seekers of Slaanesh, a Herald of Slaanesh on a Steed(using the Seeker Champion for this) and a Daemon Prince (Using one of the early Keeper of Secrets models).

My initial plan was just to buy a box of Slaaneshi stuff once in awhile and paint it and then game when I get enough troops together. But I was idly wondering how an all Slaanesh Daemon army would do in Apocalypse?

I used to play a multi-power chaos force before, but I prefer Slaanesh. I can get some nice anti-tank with the Daemon Princes I think, don't they get a breath weapon that glances on a 4+? Better than a Gauss Rifle, isn't it? The downside is no one makes a uniquely Slaaneshi Daemon Prince, at least, not GW or Forgeworld...

I really, -really- want a Forge World Keeper of Secrets! One day I will get it! Do any of you know if it has a different profile than the one in the codex? Some Forgeworld stuff has special rules, doesn't it?

I am toying with the idea of bringing the Masque or a bunch of Soul Grinders. Problem is, Slaanesh was angry and cursed the Masque, so I don't know if she belongs in a Slaanesh army? Soul Grinders are traitors, having sworn to protect the soul forge even against dear Slaanesh if he wants to take it over some day...

What about Fiends? I'm thinking Fiends and Daemon Princes will be my anti-tank. Is that enough to play Apocalypse? If I max out on them?

Well, thanks for your advice and help,
remember, Slaanesh loves you!
Dreg

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
Fiends! You need some fiends of slaanesh in this list.

I'd either use all Daemon Princes or all Soul Grinders. Mixing them is a bad idea. Either go all one way or all the other.

Daemons work fine in apocalypse, as long as you don't forget the icons, and keep the 'footprints' of the units from being too large.
There tends to be a lot on the board in an apocalypse match, and icons/small footprints are often the only ways to fit.

·
Registered
59 Posts
As already suggested you can't go wrong with the fiends. They are fast, deadly, and musk let's them pull off a lot of fun tricks.

As far as the Slaaneshi Prince(ss) goes, my current load out on her is rather expensive but I've found her extremely effective:

Iron Hide
Unholy Might
Mark of Slaanesh (of course)
Soporific Musk
Pavane
Breath of Chaos
225 points (I use a Keeper of Secrets model for her)

Pavane + Breath is just plain fun. Either use it to bunch up the unit so you hit everything or use it to move the squad you wish to assault in front of another unit for a couple extra hits. It gives her an impact the turn she drops. You will need the iron hide to survive to turn 2.

If you get assaulted, always hit and run so that you can pavane and breath again on the turn before assaulting....that is if your target squad lives. She is quite killy.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Hi all! Thank you for answering and replying to my question!

Tonight I played my very first game, 735 pts vs Star Fox Space Marines. I didn't have any fiends yet, but I did field my little Daemon Prince on a grey oatmeal cookie:)

[/URL][/IMG]

The Daemon Prince won the game and the glory for Lord Slaanesh! I hadn't thought of Rufus' devastating 'Pavane' + 'Breath' trick, but it sounds killer!

As chance would have it, tonight was swap and sell night here at the local game store 'Other Realms' in Hawaii. I got another old style Keeper of Secrets for $5 and a pair of Fiends from the store at retail. I am going to do like you three suggest and go with fiends and Daemon Princes all the way!

You guys are great! May Slaanesh grant you all ecstasies and eternal bliss in battle!

--- Dreg

·
Registered
59 Posts
Glad it helped...and cool mini! How'd you run your prince? You are going to quickly find yourself wanting more and more fiends. I field 10 but cheaped out and didnt want to spend $200+ so I made driders out of daemonettes and the battle for skull pass spiders. A lot of people do this to represent seekers (which I ran originally but found them too squishy).

A trick with fiends once you have a few more is use musk to bounce out and make a wall to protect your other units from being charged. I was able to do this last game to keep my opponent from charging my Fateweaver with his wolfguard termies (which also helped my fiends by giving them the reroll). He chose to shoot the bird instead of going after the fiends, 1 wound got through but he didn't run.

Tangent here ...but does anyone else find the distraction and waste of fire power that people will throw onto Fateweaver to alone be worth the 333points? That bird is like a bullet magnet and he rarely will go down before turn 4 (if at all).

My list by the way is:

Fateweaver
Bloodthirster-Might, Blessing of Blood God

Prince of Nurgle- MoN, Iron Hide, Noxious Touch, Cloud of Flies, Breath of Chaos
Prince of Slaanesh- MoS, Iron Hide, Unholy Might, Aura, Musk, Pavane, Breath
Soul Grinder- Phlegm

5 Fiends
5 Fiends
3 Flamers

10 Blood Letters
6 Plaguebearers-Icon
8 Horrors-Changeling

1999 pts

It is fun and uses all four Greater Demon models!

·
Registered
174 Posts
First of all, your Keeper of Secrets rocks. The skeletal head is one I've never seen; I have the one with the head plate that looks like a mask, four horns and faceted eyes.

Anyway to answer a few of your earlier questions, yes, the forgeworld Keeper has her own statline, though you could just play her as a standard keeper. If you want the forgeworld statline, it's in imperial armour update 2006. The model's name is actually Zarakynel aka the Souleater. She costs a whopping 666 points, but she's super tough.

In terms of the Masque, she's definitely usable in a Slaanesh army; though she earned his disfavour once, he still likes to watch her dance when his mood takes a turn. And in terms of Slaanesh in Apocalypse, might I recommend the formation known as The Great Promenade of Exquisite Excess from the Apocalypse Reload book? I can't give you all the details, otherwise GW will give us all a rough time (I actually read all 9 pages of their Intellectual Property guidelines last night, and all I can say is DAMN!), but put it this way, the formation takes the Pavane of Slaanesh to a whole new level.

Like you, I'm a Slaanesh purist- I prefered the old system where you could build an army that included Noise Marines and summoned Daemons of Slaanesh. Of course, in Apocolypse, this is a totally viable option.

Regarding alternate daemon prince models, I must say that I would never recommend using a third party product in conjunction with a Games Workshop product, because doing so would be a violation of their Intellectual Property policy, but back in the mid 90's, a company called Global Games made a game called Inferno. The game uses Dante's Inferno as a setting and has all kinds of daemons, male and female. Some are really cheesy looking but some are hot. I have two of the hot ones, and let me just say, they are totally useless in a Games Workshop game =)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello again! Thank you for the wonderful information and friendly advice! Wow, I want the Forgeworld Keeper of Secrets even more now! Slaanesh blessed me when I went to the local game club and someone sold me another of the old Keeper of Secrets, so now I have 2 Daemon Princes of Slaanesh! This is great fun, and you chaos guys here rock!

My friend also sold me some Furies of Chaos, five to be exact. I'm trying to decide whether to buy the box set of 10 at the store. The FAQ here doesn't seem to think much of them, comparing them to Flesh Hounds. But I wouldn't put a Flesh Hound in my army. I'm thinking the Furies can be my second unit of Fast Attack until I finally get more Seekers of Slaanesh. But are they good enough to even be a back up unit?

I do like the image of them darkening the skies like giant bats when Slaanesh's darlings pour into the material realm:)

Thanks everyone, Slaanesh bless and cherish you!
Dreg

P.S. Thanks for the info on the Masque, I will get one of her models:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts