Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, as you all knowive been desperately seeking for an army to play since my old one is back home (ulthwe :( ) And i have the chaos codex (which i might add is as easy to navigate as someones colon) but the one thing that is the hardest for me at this point is to pick emperors children, or not. Im having so much trouble with it i was thinking of making them a hell of a close combat army cuz mark of slaanesh is beets! and putting slim to no blastmasters/sonic blasters in there. So im asking bornin, or ne1 who plays a good chaos army to help me out, experience appreciated :D

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
I don't play EC myself, but theu're listed as 'future project'. What I want to do is get maybe one small (6 dudes) squad for shooting (1 blastmaster, 5 sonic blasters), some Daemonettes, and the other squads for close combat. I'm thinking of 6 dudes in a rhino, champion with power weapon or lightning claws (something tasty) and 4 Chaos Hounds (to absorb casualties), and one of them armed with Blastmaster (to pin the enemy down) whilst the rest have pistols and close combat weapons. Some other things would be bikers (with sonic blasters :p ), maybe some termies (2 with blastmasters probably), and for heavy support... hmm I dunno actually, predator maybe, or Havocs with more blastmasters. For HQ I was planning to use the Archaon model for a Lord on a Daemonic Steed (as I think the guy looks pretty freakin cool), the other HQ slot hasn't been planned yet. I think a Possessed squad with Talons would be cool too, they'd mix nicely with Daemonettes.

I hope this helps you some!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Bornin's got it down. I'd take a lot of blastmasters, cuz they pin down enemy units, and can serve as anti-tank or anti-infantry. Any aspiring champs you should arm with a doom siren, and take a few sonic blasters in your squad. Your lord/DP should take a Demon weapon, most preferably a lash of torment. Try and give your important people a chaos spawn or hounds, for some extra attacks in case they're assaulted. Also, take many demonettes, they're a killer close combat unit.

·
1,019 Posts
Well i've been collecting Night Lords for 4 years now and i can tell you they kick ass. Of course any legion kicks ass, its just a matter of how you kick it.

You want close combat, where your guys rush across the battefield cleaving heads left and right? take Khorne.
You want to strip the skin of your opponent while he's still alive, then dress yourself in it and do a little dance? take Slaanesh
You want to chase your opponent away by using unfathomable knowledge manifested by gibbering horrors that spew warp fire at your enemies, incinerating them from within? take Tzeentch
You want to lumber across the battlefield spraying pestilence around like it aint no thing, bringing down the most powerful of your enemies characters down with a simple sneeze? take Nurgle
AND!
You want an army that can do whatever it wants, to whomever it wants, with whomever it wants, whenever it wants? take Undivided
You notice the subtle difference in tactics? Its still the same outcome but slightly different way of getting that outcome.

Really think about what you are most likely to be doing with your army, and find the legion you think is most likely to support that choice. Also when you see a legion you like, learn as much about it as you can. Fluff knowledge about your selected legion is INVALUABLE!
So read the codex young one, and thou shalt find thine hearts desire. Wheater it be the harsh embrace of Khorne or Blissfull ecstasy of Slaanesh it all awaits you...within.

This is my basic intro into Chaos selection, just ask if something is still bugging you.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Personally i think Tzeentch armies are the best. My regular opponent plays Tzeentch and he always takes at least two units of horrors. their two wounds often bogs down my best troops and take a few turns to get rid of.
And the damn aspiring champion with doombolt and the mark of tzeentch. Then theres those thousand sons that move and rapid fire, although my opponent has never rolled worse than a five for their movement.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like slaanesh, but i just hate the color scheme, pink for god sakes, and i like fast armies, but i dont like the night lords color scheme. Im just lost i dunno, i have to paint to keep myself occupied, but i have to decide what legion

·
Registered
379 Posts
slaanesh can be any color, just has to me bright and bold, not to mention garish.

·
Registered
959 Posts
for a slaanesh army you dont have to use pink, just a couple of other bright colours. why not try painting their armour skin colour too look like flayed flesh, if done right would turn out to be very effective especially on the most close combat orientated units.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I'd do 'em in bright greens or blue, like enchanted blue with drybrushed ice blue for good measure.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
What I'm planning to do when I make an EC army is to use a mix of black, scorpion green, blazing orange (or something like that, it's an orange colour anyway) and maybe another bright colour, no way I'm gonna paint anything pink/purple!!! I think just using lots of bright clashing colours is more fitting for them anyway.

·
Registered
379 Posts
You got it down bornin. EC doesnt have to be pink or purple, just bright, stand-out colors.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I like them and all, just, I like fast armies, and all my lists so far dont fit into that, I guess Its down to night lords.....

·
Registered
123 Posts
Actually a Khorne army can be very fast. Take some rhinos, furious charge and set up in close proximity to your opponent. Once you are really ready to put your chain axes to work, start summoning Bloodletters and lay waste to the enemy. This can be a very devastating tactic against armies that won't shoot you to death in a turn or two.

Uncle Jesse

·
Registered
346 Posts
Originally posted by Mougie@Jun 9 2003, 02:37
If I collected EC id convert my lord to look like a pimp :lol:
Bling Bling

The really old noisemarines ( the ones with guitars with the wah hooked to the trigger of a underslung bolter ) had a leopard spot paint job. It was done really well and looked fantastic

·
Registered
239 Posts
no u need a cain a vest a hat like jamiraquiers and some real bling blingen (like jake in romp.com haloween part see it :D )

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
<_< ok i dont know about the pimp thing, but I dont know, i wanted to make EC a close combat army, but they only have med range weapons, and my experience is that mid range weapons only get to get used once, maybe twice if im lucky, its either short or distant fire for me. The appeal that night lords have is the raptors, i love the idea of close combat monsters flying around outflanking units and ripping them apart. plus i dont like slogging it out on the battlefield and I want all my units in rhinos, then have a unit of havocs, or obliterators to provide covering fire for the rest of my units. I dunno, need......fast......army. Oh and i dont like the color red unless it highlights something, so khorne was out as soon as i saw the color

·
Registered
84 Posts
i used to play world eaters and i had a squad of berzerkers that were in a rhino only they didnt seem to like confined spaces and took every chance they could to exit the rhino which slowed my assault down so now i play undivided and my chaos marines now sit in their transport like good little homicidal maniacs should.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.