Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of staring a chaos force, But i cant decided on what chapter to play. I currently play Tau, Tyranids, and Loyalst marines.... I know that i want to beable to use deamons, I especialy like Slaaneshie ones. But i dont like the emperers children's color scheme.. Any ideas?

·
Registered
137 Posts
You could try Word Bearers as they make extensive use of daemons and even get 3 extra troop choices to use on daemons. Best of luck...Heretic.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Or even black legion. You can use daemons but you don't get extra troops on force organisation. however your fast attck and heavy choices don't suffer.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Some people have changed the Emperors Children colour scheme to suit there likings (just enough so people dont get confused). I wish I could give more info though.
But your best bet would be Black legion or Word Bearers.:yes: They can use all types of deamon.

·
Registered
622 Posts
It's completely up to you how you paint them.

You could call them a completely different army, give them completely different fluff and paint, and use the rules for thousand sons.

I would have no interest in the game if I thought you had to stick to everything that GW sent out. E.G. my Necron C'tan- a pony on a tau drone base, on a 40mm poker chip.

My chaos are definitely having their own fluff and paint scheme, although i'd probably use rules for Night Lords. Their own mark as well, that counts as a MoCU.

Go wild. That's pretty much what chaos is all about.

·
Registered
598 Posts
if you like slaanesh but just don't like the paint scheme, just use whatever color scheme you want. You could say that it's a traitor marine chapter that recently jumped into the Eye of Terror and give it your completely fresh paint scheme.

For instance, I play Khorne, but I don't want to paint all of my guys like that, it's boring. And I like the way Space Wolves look anyway. So, I got Space Wolves and Berzerkers and did some sprue swapping. So, now I've got half chaos/half wolves, and I'm saying that they're the Red Corsairs (it's in the chaos book somewhere). They look actually interesting, which is exactly what I was going for. Voila, Berzerkers that don't look like berzerkers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts