Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i was just wondering what upgrades people do for their lord(s) because thiers a 100pts limit.
i take-

gaze of flame
phylactery
phase shifter
resurrection orb

Please post what you do so i can see if i should change.

·
Slave to the flesh
3,354 Posts
I kit my lord out to the max.

Lord- res. orb, phase shifter, warscythe, phlacetry. (and a gaze of flame if I have the points spare).

He is there to charge enemy HQ's so the warriors live and to take out tanks and dreadnaughts that get to close.

He is expensive, he costs at least 200 points!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I normally have two lords

lord: VoD- 160 pts

lord: destroyer body, warscythe, res orb, phase shifter (or lightning field)- 210 points(or 205)

first lord stays with immortals

Dlord goes with wraith wing. (or scarabs if he is in my "take all commers" list)

·
Registered
130 Posts
I like The_Outsider's lord if im trying to do something different this time around.

except, sometimes i dont go with the warscythe, because the staff of light is an incredible weapon.

other than that, yea i run the standard (orb and VoD) and/or the CC monster (the one The_Outsider suggested).

the CC one can get really nasty in CC. First of all, T6, no insta kill. Need 6's to hit in CC. invulnerable save in addition to armor save and WBB. REs. orb means always get a WBB. 50/50 chance it will come back, 1/3 chance of it having more than 1 wound when it comes back. And if youre really lucky, and a monolith is around, you can re-roll that WBB.

I played a game the other day where we could take 1 HQ choice (dont ask, we were trying out new ideas) and it was 3v1.

Main rules:

no wargear limit on the HQs (youll see how it balances out later)

Total points of the 3 people on the same team = the amount of points the lone player gets to spend on his list.

basically team assassins. Assassins can join and leave groups with eachother at any time.

and lets just say that my lord with : res orb, VoD, Phylactery, D body, phase shifter was the star. so much so that we had to play again with me using the nightbringer lol.

because i just teleported all of the assassins next to the enemy HQ.

·
Too Sexy For My Whirlwind
1,148 Posts
the CC one can get really nasty in CC. First of all, T6, no insta kill. Need 6's to hit in CC. invulnerable save in addition to armor save and WBB. REs. orb means always get a WBB. 50/50 chance it will come back, 1/3 chance of it having more than 1 wound when it comes back. And if youre really lucky, and a monolith is around, you can re-roll that WBB.
This lord you mention is not the one Outsider mentioned, and the one you describe there has more than 100 points of wargear(res orb,D.body,phylactery,phase shifter=115 pts). Not to mention that you hit based on his WS, you need to be a vehicle to claim the "Skimmer" rules.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I skimp on my lord(s).

The thing is, they aren't particularly good characters on their own. They are best used as support, for which they are one of the best in the game, but as a unit on their own, in comparison to other HQs, they aren't that great.

However, I do maintain that, in fact, the necron lord costs 140 points. And that he automatically has the effects of a res orb.

beyond that, if i have spare points I give my 'troop' lord a GofF, and my 'immortal' lord a VoD for circusing. Any spare points go onto a chronometron for the troop lord (read the errata- sweeping advance has changed since the codex)

·
Registered
130 Posts
haha wow. my fault, i thought that you needed 6's to hit on all skimmers? w/e. We werent exactly following some "minor" rules lol. AKA the HQ's got to take their Armor saves, AND thier invulnerable saves, as we were going for that "epic" feel. You know in movies how the Generals never seem to die? yea that kind of thing. Anyways, im just saying, that the Lord can be quite good in CC if tooled up for that role.

·
Too Sexy For My Whirlwind
1,148 Posts
Anyways, im just saying, that the Lord can be quite good in CC if tooled up for that role.
And in that you are correct.

I just was making sure that you were clear on the rules,as we've ahd some people in here who haven't been able to put 2 and 2 together.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I usually run my lord as the 'punch' with the 9 wraiths I field.
Destroyer body, res orb(to provide the wraiths with even more survivability), phase shifter, and warscythe. The whole unit usually turboosts the first turn, and then second turn they assault any juicy squads that happen to be near them.

·
1,880 Posts
I usually run my lord as the 'punch' with the 9 wraiths I field.
Destroyer body, res orb(to provide the wraiths with even more survivability), phase shifter, and warscythe. The whole unit usually turboosts the first turn, and then second turn they assault any juicy squads that happen to be near them.
I would never take wraiths over Destroyers. However, I take 2x5 Destroyers, and 3 Wraiths. Good balance...You've actually given me a slight twist on my normal list too. Going to take the full 210 lord with orb, shifter, Dbody, and scythe with those 3 wraiths. Plus I have Deceiver...2 anti invul saves and such will be nice. The Lord will baby sit the warriors until a threat gets too close and go all out with the wraiths or Deceiver, etc... :)

·
1,880 Posts
I would never take wraiths over Destroyers. However, I take 2x5 Destroyers, and 3 Wraiths. Good balance...You've actually given me a slight twist on my normal list too. Going to take the full 210 lord with orb, shifter, Dbody, and scythe with those 3 wraiths. Plus I have Deceiver...2 anti invul saves and such will be nice. The Lord will baby sit the warriors until a threat gets too close and go all out with the wraiths or Deceiver, etc... :)
So quick follow up, not sure how much I love the Destroyer lord at 210 points, but his durability with a phase shifter and the Dbody was great. He single handedly took out a Chaos Bloodthirster (PURE LUCK have you hitting on 5's and wounding on 5's...) but it was cool! He had an Orb, Shifter, Dbody and scythe. Initially he struck out with the wraiths to some 'fiends' of his...which turned out to be a bad idea with his like 25 swings back...oh well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Best of all:

Lord with Destroyer Body, Warshyte, Ressurection orb and Phase Shifter.

T 6, Armor 3+ and 4+ saves are the top :D a Little C'tan.

I survived versus 3 tyranids Warriors (with instant kill weapon), 2 Swarmlord Prime and 5 termagant in one round :D

·
Registered
266 Posts
Remember that T6 doesn't make you immune to Instant Death - it just prevents you being ID'd by Strength alone. Boneswords, Blissgivers, Force weapons and the like can all cause ID to a T6 Lord (if you fail your 4++).

Initially I couldn't resist the temptation to load up my Lord with as many goodies as possible, but these days i just give him an Orb (and often WS) to babysit my Warriors.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts