Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
LO Zealot
1,226 Posts
The howling banshee one is probably the best but Maugan Ra is easily the coolest looking

·
Registered
751 Posts
Bahrroth is the best, every hit gives him another attack(!) and his WS allows him to hit most of his opponents on 3+, this will give him anyhting from 10-15 attacks (even more if you're lucky). And he got swooping hawk wings so he's really fast (maximum movement distance with fleet of foot and charge is 24"). Almost everything on him is really good, but he got a really high point cost.

But Maugan Ra is the coolest, and he's also a real killer

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'd say Karandas or Bahharoth (as explained above)

Karandas spells nasty if you team him up with banshees. You've got 9 Banshees at 4 attacks each when they charge and an exarch with powerblades which has six attack when you charge.... and that's before the fact that Karandas himself has 6 attacks as well. His weapons spell nasty as well.. Mandiblaster with str. 5!? Power Fist which lands him at str. 9!? Biting Blade!? This guys a killer, and lets not forget his little Stealth skill which allows his unit to infiltrate :)

Maugan Ra is the most groovy looking model though

·
Registered
969 Posts
Maugan Ra just because he looks cool... i just got the Eldar codex last night so i really wouldn't know all the stats.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I agree..Maugan Ra looks the coolest, but sheesh...the Maugetar has as much punch as a sedated slug fighting its way out of a paper sack.

Name any of the other Phoenix Lords, and you'll see the potential for a much more worthy HQ choice. Aside from Jain Zar's redundant Exarch abilities and Fuegan's redundant power weapons, Maugan Ra is perhaps the least useful as far as cost effectiveness goes...and yeah, I know he's the cheapest of the Phoenix Lords.

If I were to pick one, I'd go with either Karandras or Jain Zar, though Baharroth is also quite nifty. I just don't have him painted yet. :)

If you just want a model that will have your opponent tear his/her hair out in frustration though, go with Asurmen. An invuln. 3+ save (when he's got his trusty peons with him) combined with only hitting him on a 6 will tie up just about any unit...even Ctan and Pariahs!

Fuegan is useful, but not so much different from the regular Exarch as to make him really stand out.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
i dont see wats so great about jain zarr? a str 6 power weapon isnt worth 150 pts, imo.

a guy at my stroe did a sweet conversion. he took barroths wings and put them on his dark angel's grand master and called him "wingey-boy"

·
Registered
424 Posts
Well, it depends on which Eldar variant you're using.

If you're using Saim-hann, Baharoth is your man.

Maegnar works very well with Asuryan, etc.

Maugan Ra isn't worthless despite your opinions, it depends on what variation is being used.

I play an Ulthwe strike force. He kicks because he can pop out of nowhere practically, spray shuriken death into the most lethal targets, wade into the closest shumcks and behead them all in one turn.

Play him with Saim-hann however, and he's just another body in the way.

But, that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
then WHEN they hit him, he got 3+ inv. lol all the while, take a leadership test, oh u failed....bye bye

·
Registered
424 Posts
And then, you're fighting Daemonhunters, and Asuryan is cut down in the first turn.

(personal experience)

The save is nice and all, but don't get too dependent on it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
lol, my friend took bahharoth's wings and put them on the back of his farseer, and it looks sweet (to abd everyone calls his farseer "Farseer of the gay wind")

·
Registered
436 Posts
hmmm..... i like Maugan Ra, cos of the Maugetar wich is good in CC, the fact that he has fast shot and crack shot, and that he is only 130 pts, which is the least points on a pheonix lord!

·
Keeper of Records and Ale
10,982 Posts
I'd say it would depend on what your tactics would be. If you just wanted to sit back and fire then I would say Maugan Ra would be your man, he's also not bad in combat.

But if you want to close in I would say the best would be Karandras or Jain Zar. Karandras coz of the amount of attacks and he's a tough nut to crack. And Jain Zar coz of her power weapon(s?) If I remember right her web of skulls is better (I think :huh: ).

If you wanted to hold a unit in combat I would use Asuryan, his defend and invun save will keep your opponent busy for a while. Or Baharoth his ability to keep on attcking will help to hold up the enemy. And I think he can be moved out of combat (codex not handy ;) ) if this is right he could cause problems by attacking and leaving combat then maybe drawing a unit away from your guardians or even into a trap.

As for tank busting it's got to be Fuegan. Ok he's not very spectacular but he will be the last one to die at the Rhandra Dar (Armegeddon).

·
Registered
424 Posts
Because she is a chick.

What?

I've seen many more than one guy start praising Jain Zar because she's an Eldar chick.

·
Registered
113 Posts
i always though that Fuegan was da cool ist cuz of his tank busting and stuff, it also seems that he is quite good agains terminators

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.