Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What r servo skulls made of?? theyre to small to fly and they cant have a lot of ammo and memory at the same time cuase theyre just to small.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Well I don't know, maybe it's just a scull with some crazy contraptions attached to it...

What do you mean what they are made of?
Like in plastic or metal, or the description on how they would work in real life?

If in real life...
Ammo takes space, and if you only got a head to put it in then it's obvious that something has to be thrown away... :D

·
Lord of the Household
1,733 Posts
Well, I was under the impression that Servo Skulls were psychic enhancers for Inquisitors fitted with an anti-gravity device. As far as I know Servo Skulls are unarmed and therefore there would be no need for ammo.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I read in some fluff somewhere, that mankind has a very poor grasp on anti-gravitic drives, limiting it's use only to the elite forces of the Adeptus Astartes ( landspeeders ) but there seems to be millions of these little things floating around.

·
1,019 Posts
Well servo skulls dont neccesarily have to be around Inquisitors.
They're just flying around serving this and that job. As scribes, messengers there are also data drones (the kinda drones that fly into giant libraries and find the file you want).
They just do what you tell them to do.

They are kinda like Tau drones, except the Imperium doesnt use them so excessively. Some of the components are definately biological, and they are considered to have a soul (and thus could be possessed by some form of daemon or be psychically manipulated).
Larger harder jobs are carried out by servitors of all shapes and sizes, although they have the same basic design (concerning parts of the brain used and so on)

What kind of weapons you ask?
Laser weapons, needler weapons, tazers even small grenades.
You name it, minimize it and then you can equip a servo skull with it. And concerning ammo, you can just attach spare ammo packs to the outside of the skull (or under it)

Too small to fly?
I'd think smaller was better when it came to anti-grav technology. The Imperium HAS anti-grav technology, but it hasnt mastered it yet.
There exist personal use skimmers and vehicles with anti-grav plates. So i dont see the proplem with equipping a small skull with a anti-grav plate

Answer your question?

·
Registered
346 Posts
It said something in the fluff bible about the Imperium having technology that allows them to build anything on a molecular level, an object size is only determined by it's function, aesthetics, and usablity ( buttons and so forth )

So I guess they wouldn't have any trouble cramming all that stuff into one.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
But I think usually they don't have any weapons. Most of the time they have a camera, vox recorder or a pen and a crapload of paper to log everything I think.

·
1,019 Posts
Yes that is true, like that servo skull at the back of the Daemonhunter codex, holding all that paper!

Oh yeah i just remembered...some of them have scalpels :ph34r: . Nasty nasty stuff!

It was so kewl in the Eisenhorn Tril. when that psyker took over some cargo servitors and made them attack everyone.
Nasty forklift prongs impaling people, hydraulic arms smashing ribcages. It was insane :D . Then Eisenhorn runs in and does his thing! :lol:

·
Registered
301 Posts
Oh, that crazy Eisenhorn and his friends!
Servo Skulls are kind of interesting. Servo Skulls are just stuff to take the hits on, they also have another purpose I think.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
like that servo skull at the back of the Daemonhunter codex
Are you talking about the flying babies cuase im not talking about those smiling babies im talking about the skulls

·
1,019 Posts
Are you talking about the flying babies cuase im not talking about those smiling babies im talking about the skulls
There is a picture where some Grey Knights are carrying a fallen teammate to the basalt crypts of Titan. On the lower part of the pic there is a servo skull equipped with some quills and its recording the ceremony down on some sort of parchment. (Page 63)

Cherubs...now there you have me stumped. :blink:
I think ColonelKillmore has it right.
Baby servitors equipped with wings (that have small anti-grav plates on 'em) that take commands psychically from their master.
And yes, they are a symbol of innocence (methinks :unsure: ). And it always helps to have that littlebit extra innocence when fighting Daemons ;) .

·
Registered
346 Posts
I'd like to see forgeworld do up some resin servo skulls. It would look pretty cool sitting on my painting desk. I'm talking about life sized ones.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.