Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend and I were talking about which Warhammer 40,000 race is the most destructive and would most likely destroy the universe.

We came to the conclusion that the Imperium of Man would most like be the race to destroy the universe since they have a habit of just wiping out planets they can't conquer.

So what do you think, even if you feel a race of space bunnies will bring upon the downfall of the universe?

Have fun!

·
Registered
346 Posts
The universe will eventually be overrun by 2 races....
Tyranids and Orks.

Orks, if they were actually smart enough to work together, could kill every other race in the universe, but unfortunately they would rather just kill eachother.

Tyranids are constantly growing. They can never lose bio-mass, therefor can never 'die'.
Even when their attempt to take over a planet fails (which is VERY unlikely), they would just send another wave in, and then recollect all the dead tyranids biomass, and the enemy races, and create even more tyranids than they had to begin with.
Not to mention that they are constantly evolving at an incredible rate.

Unless the Imperium can develop some sort of virus or something that will make tyranids evolve backwards, or like an 'aids' virus, then tyranids will eventually conquer.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Necrons doesn't consist of biomass. And they can never die either. Orks are out of the game as they won't function as anything but food for the hive fleets and C'tans. Though necrons aren't here to depleat the universe of life (again) and after they win it they will certainly keep this universe as their own.

In my opininon, the ruinous forces of chaos is most likely to destroy the universe.

·
Registered
730 Posts
The universe will eventually be overrun by 2 races....
Tyranids and Orks.

Orks, if they were actually smart enough to work together, could kill every other race in the universe, but unfortunately they would rather just kill eachother.

Tyranids are constantly growing. They can never lose bio-mass, therefor can never 'die'.
Even when their attempt to take over a planet fails (which is VERY unlikely), they would just send another wave in, and then recollect all the dead tyranids biomass, and the enemy races, and create even more tyranids than they had to begin with.
Not to mention that they are constantly evolving at an incredible rate.

Unless the Imperium can develop some sort of virus or something that will make tyranids evolve backwards, or like an 'aids' virus, then tyranids will eventually conquer.
correction; they can die, but the biomass used to create them will just be reused to recreate more, so in a way ur right.

in the end the powers of chaos are going to asborb the entire galaxy into darkness and utter destruction!

there was one argument by my friend who said the Tau would eventually create a bomb designed to nuke the warp so much that it killed all four gods and eventually the warp.

·
Registered
382 Posts
But you can never destroy something completely so even turning a planet barren just makes it al turn into ash. Then the bugs come in and eat the ash and make new bugs out of holes that they burrow in the ash.

So in the end ash-holes will destroy the universe.

·
The Future
4,848 Posts
But you can never destroy something completely so even turning a planet barren just makes it al turn into ash. Then the bugs come in and eat the ash and make new bugs out of holes that they burrow in the ash.
That'd be fine if the planet killers didn't also take out the atmosphere, which would presumably take all the ash with it. Fluff descrptions of the results imply that you just end up with a floating ball of rock.

So in the end ash-holes will destroy the universe.
I can well believe that ;-)

·
Registered
688 Posts
in the end the powers of chaos are going to asborb the entire galaxy into darkness and utter destruction!
Unless the necros can stop them. Which leads us to the good guys against the bad guys theme. Others are just in the middle of a really long war (40 000 years are nothing in comparison).

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Give it a couple of hundred years, and peace will prevail as all of the warring factions discover they share a bond of unity within the grand plan of the unknowable God of creation, and come together as one people.

Fortunately, we'll all be dead by then.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Give it a couple of hundred years, and peace will prevail as all of the warring factions discover they share a bond of unity within the grand plan of the unknowable God of creation, and come together as one people.
Too bad that they aren't. One of the races fought a long war against those "unknowable gods of creation" long before the other races arose.

·
Registered
350 Posts
If it became an all out race to murder the hell out of the galaxy, uppity inquisitors have the upper hand, in the short term at the least. Make the use of Exterminatus mandatory at least 10 times a day for each ship capable, and they'll get busy. Drop some of their planet breaking bombs and sh*t really hits the fan.

Pretty much every race is capable of killing the galaxy, with the exception of maybe the Tau. Necrons don't seem that interested either, though they could certainly do it if they put their mind to it. Same thing with Eldar. Everyone else is either actively trying to do that already (Tyranids, Chaos, Orks...sorta) or very capable but holding themselves back (Imperium, etc.).

·
Registered
688 Posts
Make the use of Exterminatus mandatory at least 10 times a day for each ship capable, and they'll get busy. Drop some of their planet breaking bombs and sh*t really hits the fan.
The Deceiver could be stopping the inquisition. Or Tzeench could throw some influence at those exterminatus bombs. Turning them into something appropriate, like rubber ducks :p

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
On second thoughts, i think Swiss scientists will destroy the galaxy. Large Hadron collider anyone ?

·
Registered
370 Posts
There are simply not enough eldar to conquer the galaxy and would get wiped out if they tried to conquer it. Th necrons and the c'tan could definitely conquer the universe if they set their minds to it cause they can never die and would totally exterminate nids

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
To be onest I think the biggest threat the universe has is that of the necrons. Two of their four star gods have already awoken, with the possibility of the void dragon being on mars they could turn the mechanicus against the Imperium leaving them virtually defenceless, and with more and more tomb worlds awaking as the years go by it's only a matter of time. I don't care how many Tyranids they have a fully powered Nightbringer pretty much levels the playing field.

·
Registered
350 Posts
The Deceiver could be stopping the inquisition. Or Tzeench could throw some influence at those exterminatus bombs. Turning them into something appropriate, like rubber ducks :p
While the Necrons probably have long term potential on par with tyranids, in the short term, i just don't think there are enough tomb worlds active. sure once the other gods get going the Necrons probably have the upper hand on everyone.

As for Tzeench, yeah, he could stop the inquisition, but he'd probably come up with plans to counter act his plan to stop the inquisition, and just generally get in his own way with his scheming. He's basically the worst employer ever, one day he's on top of the galaxy, and the next day he announcing that there won't be unified online and then there is, and the controllers suddenly go from awesome to bananas then back to awesome, and basically Tzeench runs Sony, i'm sure of it.

In the long term the tyranids and Necrons probably have the upper hand (as well as chaos, if they can figure out a way to work together/ not be defeated in some epic planned for 10000 years battle). In the short term though, i still think that inquisitors could cause a whole lot of problems, just sort of bombing the heck out of everything as quick as they could.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts