Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, I just started painting and assembling a new VC army a few weeks ago after a 5 year hiatus from the game. Currently im playing my old Empire army (which I hate) they suck maybe it was just me. Anyways so far ive purchased what I believe to be a good start, but im not sure what to invest in next.

30 Zombies
40 Skeletons
10 Ghouls
1 Corpse Cart
10 Grave Guard
2 Necromancers on foot
10 Dire Wolves
3 Cairn Wraiths
1 Tomb Banshee

Also, since I can use my corpse cart in a unit, should I have 4 wide of skeletons? S|S| C C |S|S
Matches will generally range from 1000-1500 pt games, with hopes to get to 2225 comfortably

·
4,361 Posts
I would say a Varguel (spl?) and some more skeletons.

SirKently

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
well, you kinda need a vampire to lead your army, so i'd most definately pick up at least 2 of the blood suckers!

if you plan to use those ghouls, then you'll need another box for sure... even if you don't plan on using the summon ghouls power to build onto a starting unit, you should still make sure your unit begins with at least 15 bodies. (though i recomend all 20 if you don't have a summon ghouls power in your list...)

you'll also want another box of grave guard since 10 is near pointless... like all other undead infantry, the grave guard still need to concentrate on static combat res since their fighting skills are just average!

bat swarms just plain suck... for their pts, you can do better with either spirit hosts or fell bats! as for the fell bats, their your main screening units & war machine hunters.
true the dire wolves are cheaper in pts, but they also plain suck! their 'uber squishy, lack the main advantages of fast cav (ie: the bait & flee), fight almost was well as an empire trooper and generally cost too much for what you want them to do! fell bats are far better screening unit since they skirmish, thus making them harder to hit and they also have 2 wounds each! plus, they can move even faster than the dires, meaning they spend that much less time getting shot at before they hit the missile troops!

you might also want to look at say a unit of 6 black knights for hitting the enemy's flank once they're stuck into an infantry unit...

so, basically, i'd look at the following for your next purchase;
2x vampires
1x ghouls box (2-3 if you plan on using ghouls as your main core units)
1x skeleton box (to help add even more numbers for use with the lord of the dead power!)
3x fell bat blisters (sadly, fell bats are only US1/each so you'll need 5 to negate ranks...)
1x grave guard box
possibly 5-6 black knights

hope this helps,
cheers!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Picked up some more units yesterday (10 ghouls, 10 GG, 20 Zombies) Also the Spirit hosts I ordered came in.

50 Zombies
40 Skeletons
20 Ghouls
1 Corpse Cart
20 Grave Guard
2 Necromancers on foot
10 Dire Wolves
3 Cairn Wraiths
1 Tomb Banshee
3 Spirit Hosts

Next to buy:
Vampires, Black Knights, Fell Bats, Vargulf.

I plan on using Skeletons as my main Army rather than Ghouls but trying ghouls later on when im comfortable with a more aggressive style.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I personally like the BK models, at least the skeletal mounts. I do believe the original owner of my empire army was using Brettonian knights as Empire Knights so thats not really an option.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts