Librarium Online Forums banner

What should I do?

755 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  swntzu 
#1 ·
Ok, I am one of those people who has always fallen in love with the most up to date thing, like the release of new games, new consoles and gadgets/gizmo's. Well this has taken place in the world of Warhammer for me. I have bounced from army to army, first it started with Lizardmen, then 1500 point Tyranids, then 1000 point Chaos, then Chaos in fantasy(no models), then 1000 point Eldar, then Space Marines (only command squad), then Chaos again. Then after stopping collecting 40k i settled on Fantasy, ancient armies and dragons fighting to the death in one on one combat or the undead facing anything in their path, so i went for Tomb Kings (1000 point army, happy with that), then went to Dark Elves (no models (yet) ) and now i want to collect Vampire Counts after only 1 week of planning my army;? as you can see i bounce around a lot, its not that i get bored of the army, its that i am attracted to other aspects of other armies. Obviously undead is my thing, i love hordes of death ravaging the living flesh of their victims, but is this bad (me bouncing around?) or has anyone else been through this. I think i will only stop with VC's as i like them and the new models. 8X8X8X

#2 ·
There's nothing wrong with it at all although it does prove really costly :p

I myself have tried out numerous armies but then again i have been playing for almost 20 years. I do however always return to my first love my High Elves army.

I think what you really need to do is have a look through the forums and see which army you definitely like the most. I'm just concerned that maybe you like the VC the most at the moment because they are the new shinny army.

Then write up a 1000 points list and just slowly build up the models that you have written down. Please please please don't just go out and buy a million models as it's really daunting looking at them all and getting overwhelmed by the though of painting them all. Then slowly build your army up to 1500 points and then 2000 and onwards. There was a great series of articles in WD where gamers were only aloud to spend a set amount of money per month so that they slowly built up there armies. I collected a Lizardmen army in exactly this way and it was great for me as I only spent enough on models that I knew I could paint in a month. It also let me know what models I needed to buy to suit my style of play. It also keeps you really focused on one army at a time.

Just out of interest do you actually game with the armies you collect or is it a case of collecting one and when something new comes out you put them away and never touch them again?

#3 ·
I do game, but haven't done since before christmas, as i needed to make the new models i got and paint some of them. I have done this before, moving to a different army because of the new models and rules, but i myself am getting annoyed with this, so i think Vampire Counts will be the last army i buy, so then i can focus on them and my Tomb Kings. Slowly building up, i will give that a go, it will probably work, as i will only be able to do that now. Thanks for replying.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.