Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya, I'm not really a huge massive fan of playing warhammer, but i really love painting it. And part of my problem is I have a short fuse and it takes a long long time for me to learn rules and not have to flip through a book, so i actually dont know how to make an army list properly!
I was just wondering if some one could give me some advice, im getting the woodelf battalion soon, but what extra should I buy for a completed army?

·
Benevolent Dictator
9,222 Posts
Welcome to the forums Amaeth, glad to have another Fantasy player on board!

I strongly suggest that you read the rules before you buy anything. You might even find that you don't particularly care for the woodelves. Generally speaking, the public opinion is that they are a very weak armybook, which is not to say that they can't win games - they actually have a very good list available to them - but rather that it's a "take this list or suffer for it" type of book. They've been crying for an update for nearly 2 editions, and there aren't any rumors of them getting one in the near future (remember though - GW is very tight lipped about releases).

That being said, the typical 2500pt list (for the "average" game size) runs with the following models:

Spellsinger, typically on foot
Battle Standard Bearer (guy with a big flag, you may need to convert one), also typically on foot
2 Treemen

36 Glade Guard w/ Bows (I've seen as few as 24, and as many as 36, depending on the build - these models also work as GG Scouts)
12 Tree Kin (again, I've seen as few as 6, and as many as 18, depending on the build)
optional 24 Dryads (lists can do without these, they usually sub in for Glade Guard, although GG are considered more optimal in most cases)

Here's the WoodElf subforum in general, you should definitely post any further questions there.
Wood Elves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Here's a good thread discussing the validity of the Wood Elf book against the newer 8th edition books, and also against many of the older 7th edition books.
http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/wood-elves/219591-we-vs-8th-ed-armies.html

Here's a third thread between myself and Rothgar, primarily discussing the ideal build for Wood Elves. It includes 2 or 3 full lists for 2500pt games, which you can feel free to emulate or modify.
http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/wood-elves/218590-msu-trees.html

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much, i think i will hold out till i finally get my battalion (its for my birthday hehe) because by that time there might be whispers of a new rule book. I'll deffinately check the other forum links you posted, thanks !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts