Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Librarium Online painters,

Sometimes I paint models and sell them very cheaply to new gamers. Painting is very therapeutic and great fun for me, and by doing this I can reinvest what I make to partially cover the cost of more models to paint, but more importantly, it helps new players collect a painted army faster.

But, there is no substitute for painting an army yourself, yes? I want my models to be strippable so their new owners can eventually repaint them themselves. Since they are plastic, that means 'Simple Green' or 'Purple Power' usually.

Are there any spray primers or clear coats I shouldn't use? I heard 'Krylon' is especially stubborn and am trying to avoid using it on models I paint for other people. I don't want them to have to use Oven Cleaner or worse, Brake Fluid...Eek! Has anyone stripped a 'Testors' clear coated model with 'Simple Green'?

Thank you all, very much!
Be well, and be blessed!
Frankie

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Cossack, that is a good idea! Well, I might brush primer them, but that should come off fairly easily, instead of the car primer sprays I usually use. Thanks:)

--- Frankie

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have two little tupperware containers of knights sitting in purple clean and green stuff. It's been 5 months and the GW Chaos Black and Skull White primer remains! Annoying, since I botched their priming (I put on too much), but don't use GW unless you're in it for permanency.

·
Registered
161 Posts
i use carborator cleaner, it is hardcore stripper for metal models, but be careful the first time i used it my gloves melted lol.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I had a problem with some white primer I put on one of my Seraphim units. I went after those pieces with a medium bristle toothbrush and it removed most of the primer. All that was left was a very slight layer left on the model that was more like a haze that a full coating. I re-primed and they are turning out great. I'd post pics but I don't have a camera.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts