40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now here is what I have:

-HQ: Inquisitor Lord w/ 10 henchmen
-Troop: 7 GK w/incinerator
-Troop: 7 GK w/incinerator
-Elite: Callidus Assassin
-Heavy Support: Dreadnought

My next step with be either: Another troop of GK's, a box of GK termies, or a land raider crusader.

Any suggestions? maybe I should get something besides those? lemme know. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
get A Crusader and termies. have the crusadere transport 8 termies and jump out and own. the crusader is a better transport then the reg LR because with the hurricane boltes theykinda make u wanan get in close since that when they are most effective(rapid fire range) (12 shots re rolls...not bad...specially against hordes) but iwht the reg LR u wanna shoot both als cannons so u wanna move less. trust me i use LRC wiht my salamanders wiht temries in it wiht thunder ham,mers and powerfistsd and flamers...its slmost the same stup wiht yo cept without the thunder hammers. it works BEATIFULLY!!

·
Registered
857 Posts
uhhhh... I assume what the other guy posted was brilliant, but after about the first sentence I start drifting into the hazy realm of insanity and i have to stop reading. A Land raider Crusader is really fearsome, but to make a well-rounded army, I would suggest buying Termies first, then the LRC. You needs lots an' lots of troops.

·
Registered
130 Posts
man i reckon a few 'meat shield' units as i like to call em, something like a Guard Platoon... just to soak up enemy fire, your GK's are too precious to waste like that..

just some of my ideas

·
Registered
4 Posts
u really gotta think about using Power armor GKs as troop choices, they are rather expensive, ya they are great at melee and shrouding is awesome but unless u take dreadnought(s) u will have almost no antitank, a melta strike is just not safe enough...

what i suggest are storm trooper teams with melta guns and chimera transports as troops, take 2 of these so u get 4 meltas in total

use power armor GK as fast attack so they can teleport in with some incinerators then go hand to hand if u are charged.

just for kicks i find that Purgation squads with 5 psycannons (4 to squad 1 to justicar, yes u can take one for the justicar) is really good against almost every army because u can wwalk with them and still shoot, i have a lot of fun walking backwards as i blast away at footslogging assault teams, 15 shot of psycbolts!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.