Librarium Online Forums banner

What unit is the best bodyguard unit in the Beastie army?

• Bestigors with Mark Undivided

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Bestigors with Mark of Slanesh

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Bestigors with Mark of Khorne

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Bestigors with Mark of Tzeentch

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Bestigors with Mark of Nurgel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Minotaurs with Mark Undivided

• Minotaurs with Mark of Slanesh

• Minotaurs with Mark of Khorne

• Minotaurs with Mark of Tzeentch

• Minotaurs with Mark of Nurgle

Votes: 1 11.1%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK, so I've done the poll with Woodies, Empire and Dwarfs, and I've decided to try my hand here. What unit is the best in the role of the bodyguard? Take into account points, performance etc.

Not worried if you don't give reasons, but a vote will always help my quest.

This will work slightly differently. You can vote for your favourite unit, and their mark, hence the multi-choice poll. When tallying it at the end, I'll simply take into account both, and assume them as one if you follow.

Please don't vote for 2 different marks, or both units. I could have made this a public poll but I trust you.

ED: *kicks self again* it would appear that I forgot to make the Poll multi-choice, so if a lovely, caring Mod could change it, so it is multi-choice, I would be very appreciative:).

-AFG

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
If I could, id put in for Slanngors, assuming the Bodyguard for a Wargor or Beastlord. Immune to Psych, pretty cheap, and although they dont get the +1A of Khorne, it means they cannot be lead astray so easily.

Edit: I asked on chat, it appears mods cannot change poll types like that. Have this one deleted and start over, careful next time :) lol

2nd Edit: Nevermind, Cher got it ;)

·
I've had enough!
2,041 Posts
Real shame you didnt put Beast Herds in there, dude.

Allin all, it depends what you're protecting in the end. A beastlord with a different mark will perfom diferently in a given unit.

eg. Id NEVER put a beastlord of Tzeentch with a unit of Tzaangors. A beastlord can rack up an enormous amount of defense in spells and magic items, and I like Beastherds much more as a delivery method for a Beastlord of Pain (and these guys can be!) than Tzaangors, and both are just as likely to run away. Slaanesh BL, on the other hand is the opposite. ItP is a waste inside a unit that also doesn't have it, and the MoS offers a great defensive banner, halving the enemies WS, so the BL i sharder to hit, and can REALLY dish it out!

In the end, I went for Khorngors! BLOOD FOR THE TIM GOD! These guys hit hard as hell, and frenzy isn't as big a problem with units that have low movement (ie. not cav) and with plenty of skermishers to screen, no problems here at all!

The nest defence is a good offence, and these guys take the cake!

Regards, Tim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts