Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys, it's our turn now. Which unit is the best bodyguard?

A bit of a foregone conclusion here, but I decided that it would be unscientific to skip the GG and I like to expect to unexpected.

So, which unit is the best in the role of the bodyguard?

Reasons optional, but voting compulsory :p.

-AFG

·
Registered
26 Posts
U gave us the choise between archers and warriors who become stuborn with a character inside.
What do you like more: a plate of rat poison or a (fill in favourite dish here)?
Wood elves have many good bodyguard units: scouts, glade riders, treekin, wardancers, drayds, waywatchers, wild riders. All have some possibility to play a decent bodyguard unit for wood elves.
I usually use wardancers/drayds, occasionaly wild riders or eternal guard.
Wy dont you giver real choises when you do a poll?

·
Gladewalker
429 Posts
I think there should be more choices. I would say wardancers.

·
609 Posts
Often I'll put my Spellsinger in one of my GG units so that she can't be picked out and can still shoot/have good LOS. But if that unit is getting attacked I get her out OUT OUT! I would have to say Eternal guard for a body guard unit. They have rank bonus and are your only real chance at having out numbering every once in a while. (and ~14 attacks isn't too bad) :C

I would imagine that Wardancers and Wild Riders go well with a character but are not as good at a "bodyguard" unit. Let's see...I think scouts and WW shouldn't have characters in them, dryads can do a good job though.

·
Banned
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thing is, the way I see it, WDs and WRs are elite units, as opposed to actually bodyguards per se.

As for why the GG are there, that's explained in the original post.

But, if you really insist on there being other units being bodyguards, I can try and get this thread locked, and restart it.

-AFG

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.