Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, anyone signed up for Games Workshop's Newsletter will know that there are some new figures coming our way in march alongside the new book, and Space Marines was mentioned. So, purely for speculating fun, what would you guess the new release/s will be? I personally would guess (Read hope) for a Master of the Forge model. Perhaps it would be fitting to have a Space Marine Captain already on a bike, but I'm not sure. So, guess away ^^

·
Registered
168 Posts
Near as I can tell the only thing we're missing are a conversion beamer/master of the forge, a few dreadnought arms and a captain on a bike, though the captain is easily made.

Most likely it'll just be more chapter specific bitz packs like the recent crimson fists release.

Personally I'd like to see some power armor lightning claws and a bitz pack to convert a tactical squad/assault squad into their veteran brothers. Maybe a sprue with 5 terminator honors shoulder pads and 5 of each weapon option including special bolters.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Most likely it'll just be more chapter specific bitz packs like the recent crimson fists release.

Personally I'd like to see some power armor lightning claws and a bitz pack to convert a tactical squad/assault squad into their veteran brothers. Maybe a sprue with 5 terminator honors shoulder pads and 5 of each weapon option including special bolters.

That would be nice, as well as overdue. I don't see that though, if they have a chance to have us buy full boxes to suplement our other models... GW really hasn't shown that they have the best interests of our wallets on their minds.

·
1,880 Posts
Well, anyone signed up for Games Workshop's Newsletter will know that there are some new figures coming our way in march alongside the new book, and Space Marines was mentioned. So, purely for speculating fun, what would you guess the new release/s will be? I personally would guess (Read hope) for a Master of the Forge model. Perhaps it would be fitting to have a Space Marine Captain already on a bike, but I'm not sure. So, guess away ^^

New book? You mean the NIDS book, or is there a space marine book coming out?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
New book? You mean the NIDS book, or is there a space marine book coming out?
Neither. In March they are releasing a book... I'll use examples to explain.
You will know of Anihilation(sp) and Capture and Control, missions in the rulebook.
Basically a book giving 30 more ideas or so for games similar to these.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I really, really don't want to inflame the forum, but from the rumors I've heard it should be the new Blood Angels codex release.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Possibly the remainder of the SW releases. New Ragnar, new Logan, new Ulrik, generic thunderwolf cavalry, maybe a SW vehicle sprue, and/or an Arjac model.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I really, really don't want to inflame the forum, but from the rumors I've heard it should be the new Blood Angels codex release.
Thats probably going to be in May or June, according to BellofLostSouls.net. Apparently the Battle Missions book and a hodge podge of marine, IG etc models and accessories will be released in March (which is confirmed via emails from GamesWorkshop).

Blood Angels is alledgedly the next codex update but Battle Missions will push it back from March...

·
Registered
350 Posts
Possibly the remainder of the SW releases. New Ragnar, new Logan, new Ulrik, generic thunderwolf cavalry, maybe a SW vehicle sprue, and/or an Arjac model.
They don't really need new character models (everyone but Ragnar's is cool, Ragnar's imo, is kinda awkward stancewise), except for Arjac perhaps (or a Bjorn model that costs $70).

I would have loved to see thunderwolves, but now i almost hope they hold off since i'm building Dark Elf Cold ones, and Space Marines on Raptors is just awesome (all the same rules minus wolfkin, and they ar totally workable from a fluff perspective).

As for other things, Dreadnaught arms would be much appreciated, especially since 2 of my dreads are from AoBR, which means no fun stuff.

And power armored lightning claws, storm shields, and thunderhammers would be greatly appreciated, though again, long shot.
As for vehicle sprues, unless they make a razorback conversion kit (a real one) then I'm not sure what it would be.

·
Registered
370 Posts
heard of new blood angels codex. I even saw a picture online that was pretty cool looking if its true. It would certainly be a step up from the PDF codex they have now

·
Registered
350 Posts
heard of new blood angels codex. I even saw a picture online that was pretty cool looking if its true. It would certainly be a step up from the PDF codex they have now
You mean the mock-up. Shown below? Apparently its fake (though fairly well done I must say).
The original picture (included too) is an Imperial Fists picture. You can tell the BA one is made from it due to the fists on the shoulder pads of some of the marines beyond the front row, and one of the banners in the back still has the yellow coloring and a fist.

Still an awesome picture, though I almost like the red better because it stands out more compared to the yellow. We'll probably know what the real picture looks like soon enough (heck, maybe GW will use its sense of humor and polish the mock-up and make it the real one.

Attachments

·
Registered
370 Posts
the blood angels could use an actual codex instead of a pdf file though

1 - 20 of 24 Posts