Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am a csm player and would like to try a new army after i take my chaos army to 2000pts. i want an army that a) isnt space marines and b )will be a challenge to win with so do you lo members have any suggestions?

·
Registered
735 Posts
A good army to play is da Orks...WAAAGH! Da mean, green, close combat machine.

·
Registered
515 Posts
A good army to play is da Orks...WAAAGH! Da mean, green, close combat machine.
That really sounds great, i was thinking of making a an ork army after i round off my nids at 2000pts, but i cant see a quick way to paint them up.

Is there an easy way to paint the plastic minis?
Also how many different colors do you use on average with orks, cus i was thinking of gettting the really ibg paint set, cus in my nid army i only use 4 colors which really isnt enough is it?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i was plannin on playin IG until my friend decided he was goin to play them now i still want to play them but only so i can make a better IG army than his (which isnt a good reason to start an army) so i am unsure dark eldar maybe but it would be all wyches i might buy my friends ork's and start playin em i even have a name for the warboss and army 'Greengis Khan's Mongol Horde' (<--- what do you think?) thanks for the input

·
Registered
969 Posts
I'd say go with Eldar, they are challenging to play with because of their crappy saves but they have an awesome array of powerful weapons.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sisters of Battle...no one else plays with them and they incredibly hard to win with, but when you do, its awesome...plus you get to laugh at your opponent and can say "You got beat by a girl!" (Not that theres anything wrong with that)

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Originally posted by TzeentchPlayer@Nov 12 2003, 08:37
I'd say go with Eldar, they are challenging to play with because of their crappy saves but they have an awesome array of powerful weapons.
i second eldar. either dark or "good"

eldar=fast but fragile and very specialized.
dark eldar=more fast but more fragile and kick a.s. in hth

depends on if u want shooty(eldar)
or if u want a hth army (dark eldar)

you said u like wyches? there is a dark eldar wych cult but im not sure where the rules are.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I say Dark Eldar and Tau. I have both myself. You can field a Wych Cult by getting the Codex. The rules are there. Basically wyches are troops and you also do not have access to certain troop types.

Webwolf

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah massed numbers of drugged, crazed, sex fiends sounds fun to say the least. do wyches come in a boxed set or blisters?

·
Registered
4 Posts
The wyches for 40k come in sets of 5 for $20 US. I bought the WFB ones for $35 for 10 of them and put splinter pistols on them .

Webwolf

·
1,019 Posts
I'd definately say Dark Eldar.
You say your friend is going IG? Then wheel out the forced moral tests!!

Dark Eldar are sweet to play against IG (You can run...but im im high on combat drugs!). And their vast repertoire of moral affecting stuff means you'll have them running for the hills...ahhh, the sweet screams of terror!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.