Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
LO Oldie
1,248 Posts
it all depends....

a whirlwind is a lot cheaper and is used as a support tank. a vindicator is a assault tank.

a whirlwind can break up light infantry formations or create mindfields clogging terrain.

Of course a vindicator is an assault tank, as it needs LOS and has a short ranged weapon.

But what suprised me the most is how little people use these 2 tanks

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Id say whirlwind for sure..
im about to get one myself. i think the idea of a cheap 85 point tank that can sit safely behind cover and fire everyturn OVER the cover is just awesome.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'm blood Angels so the problem I have with whirlwinds is when I blood rage, cause it can't fire. The problem I have with vindicators is that the tank looks dodgy unless you get the forgeworld one. The whirlwind is good against imperial guard, WH, Tau, Eldar etc. Most of my opponents are marines or chaos so the whirlwind is not very effective.

·
LO Zealot
1,082 Posts
Both cannot be equally judged (sorta) as they are particularly two different tanks. But they do lay pie plats ^.^.

Whirlwinds have flebility between mines and missiles, though I only have use the missiles as choice.. It is a very cheap, and effective tank to use against hording armies. It is actually a very valuable piece to my army.

Vindicator, very short ranged, but packs a greater punch, but that punch is only needed against power armoured foes or such.. and those foes are just like you, and have a good chance to kill that tank. But it is does bring it a serious fear magnet to foes, if you want that.

depends what your purpose for it really, they are both good tanks

·
Registered
209 Posts
I would say niether, a predator is waayyyyyyy better.

But to answer you question, i would say whirlwind because its really effective from far away, and the vindi is kinda lame, you have to close to pick you targets and it sucks against land speeders and other fast attack units.

·
Hrimfar
525 Posts
A vindicator Is just awesome when your up agains foes with multiple wound on t5 or lower - or necrons. The high strength of the shot just kills about enything....I've used a converted one for my BA...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts