Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having problems with my White Spray Paint. It's spraying on like it is an ink-wash and im loosing a lot of detail (it's bad enough these are "stripped" models. Can someone tell me whats going on here?

·
Registered
279 Posts
I've had this problem with one of my spray cans. I solved it by spraying one more time or maybe two and the results were good anyways.

Are you shaking the spray can enough? I think it's recomended to shake it in like 2 minutes before starting to use it. Also I've heard that some of the spray cans that GW sold just are the way they are and suck. You could try to buy a new bottle or turn your face to another place that are selling spray cans. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I also had this problem. I would suggest sticking them in your bed for 15-20 minutes before spraying. This warms the can and fuses the paint pigments and water. This worked for me. It might also be that the can is old. If it is over a year old, just buy a new one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Shake the dam can!

If u shaked it bad, that what happens.

White GW spray paint is more tricker to use when spraying, unlike GW black spray which is more forgiveing. Make shure u also have a good distance when spraying. Not to close and not to far. To close....to much paint gona get on the model, rueining alot of ur detail. To far, and ur model gona become like a stone, filled with alot of cracks. Also make shure not to spray during humid air. Especialy when its raining. Can also ruin ur model.

When spraying the good istance is about 7 - 10 inches away from ur model. Try to keep that distance at all time.

SHAKE, and SHAKE Some more .... beging spraying...before u spray ur model...do a little burst..but NOT on the model...to see the flow of the paint....then if its bad..shake some more...then do a burst..if its good...start spraying!

·
Egg Head Miniatures:fbook
1,900 Posts
Good friend of mine who used to be an RAF painter and finisher before spraying Lotus cars and now provides technical support to the paint industry in Dubai told me the following tips years ago....... I'm trying to say it's worth advice to follow. ;-)

1. Shake can for a minimum of 2 mins. You should see dents forming in the bottom of the can as the ball bearing strikes it. It is an indication that the pigment that has settled at the bottom of the can is now mixed into the rest of the paint.

2. Paint in warm, none humid conditions.

3. Ensure the can is warm, not to touch but that it isn't cold. This affects how the paint in the can comes out but also the amount of water that condenses onto the paint as it dries. This stops all sorts of problems.

4. Not too much in one go.

Realise, I've answered more that the question asked but it may be of help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.