Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An in-dept investigation: what is the preferred beer for the ppl of the L-O?
Mine would be La Trappe Blond and Tripel, Wieckse Witte (I don't expect any of you to know these but anyway), and I've also grown fond of Guiness lately. So how about the rest of you?

·
Lord of the Household
1,733 Posts
No no no....

I feel sorry for those of you who have not yet seen the light...

There is only one true beer: Carlsberg!

-Rob (from Denmark :p )

·
Registered
123 Posts
I Have the distinct pleasure of living in in the heart of Micro-brew land. We have so many choices here so I have to give you my top 5:

5- Black Butte Porter, Deschutes Brewery, Bend, OR. Great beer, well rounded, full bodied, smooth after taste, a well rounded heavy porter.

4- Olympia (Stubbies), Miller Brewing, Olympia, WA. The two biggest reasons this beer makes my list: I live here. Number 2 They have these little puzzles under the cap that make great fun for everyone at parties to try and figure out, That's why you have to buy the stubbie bottles.

3-Harp's, Guiness Brewing, Dublin, IR. Great beer for getting a good drunk on with.

2-Mirror Pond Ale, Deschutes Brewery, Bend, OR. This beer is a wonderful American ale. Full bodied, no skunk smell like alot of ale's have, smooth taste with a sharp after bite. Great for having one or twenty.

1-Guiness, Guiness, Guiness End of story!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Kronen Export

and because its from my hometown and tastes not that bad compared to its cheap price: Andreas Pils

·
Registered
190 Posts
Guiness its not just the best beer out there, it also makes a great breakfast! Although it's my favorite beer, I dont drink it all the time...anyone who has the pleasure of vomiting after drinking Guiness all night can understand! My favorite other than that is a beer that is probably only availible here in the pacific northwest. It's made by Pikes brewing company and is called Kilt Lifter...its a Scottish ale that is high in alcohol content and doesn't kill ya in the morning.

·
Lord of the Household
1,733 Posts
Ahh, Carlsberg-the Danes love it so much, they hate to see it leave...

Anyone else seen that ad? Well, it made me crack up
Yeah... But it's not just an ad! It's true! :wink:

-Rob

·
Lord of the Household
1,733 Posts
Who told you....? Oh.. I mean... No of course not... Don't be silly...

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Heineken... tis the only beer I don't like (even though it originates from my country). I have a lot more beers I could name as very good, but I doubt you'd know them. Oh well here's a few more: Alpha, Brand, Neubourg (or something), Warsteiner. I guess if you add these to those in the original post you'd have my favourite list!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Heineken... tis the only beer I don't like (even though it originates from my country). I have a lot more beers I could name as very good, but I doubt you'd know them. Oh well here's a few more: Alpha, Brand, Neubourg (or something), Warsteiner. I guess if you add these to those in the original post you'd have my favourite list!
I've heard of Neubourg, I don't know whether I've tried it or not. I don't even try to keep record of what i have drunk and havent drunk, anymore.

·
Registered
506 Posts
yeah, isen't it the one with the advert where you 'can't drink it till its ready' or not. hmmm I suppose i'll need someone from UK to answer that, unless the ad is shown elsewhere.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.