Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiyee! Say, I was just thinking today about the different models of Daemonettes that have come and gone.

There werer the original Squirmy Hermies type, with bulging eyes, little crustacean tails, and wild hair.

Then came the giant clawed, bald headed ones in leather sports bras.

Then came the sexy topless twin breasted ones

And finally, my favorite, the new plastics that look like the originals, but prettier:)

Well, we all have our own tastes, but what I was wondering is since they all look so different, should we come up with rules for the different kinds of Daemonettes?

Like the giant clawed ones could get a STR 4 attack maybe? The very feminine nude ones could always strike first? A friend of mine, who finds Daemonettes creepy and crawly (I can't imagine why) says that the female ones are actually a little bit tempting. And if you see how much they go for on Ebay now, it's obvious a lot of people feel the same way.

How shall we think of the different Daemonettes? Just cosmetically different, or deserving of house rules to differentiate them? One thing is for sure, in the end I want to have some of every type in my army:)

May Slaanesh grant you bliss and pleasure, no matter what trials life throws your way!
Dreg

·
Registered
356 Posts
My favorite models are the "the sexy topless twin breasted ones", not because of "wow boobs!" but because they best represent what a slaaneshi daemon should be in my view. While not supposed to be perfect, they should have a certain beauty and allure, and not be totally repulsive like the new ones. I do like the new models though, just not how they convey what a daemonette is.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Winginson, thank you for the reply! Those daemonettes you favor -are- attractive, maybe the sculptor was envisioning what people see, the glamour, the illusion, rather than the 'true' face of the Daemonettes? I will have to get some just for the temptation/distraction factor they seem to have on people:)

·
Registered
107 Posts
I always liked the overly pervered way of Slaanesh that he originally was, rather than the seductive and sensual image he later was given. So for me, I guess it's natural that I like the new models best, which doesn't say that I dislike the claw-less ones. They are just not the picture I get of Slaanesh.

Rulewise, I think fantasy had a good rule already for the sexy topless twin breasted ones. Something about reducing the enemies attacks or ws in close combat (have to look it up again).

The giant claw ones used to have +1 in STR in 40K, which might fit them well.

And the first ones were (like all deamons) almost invincible, which might not be a good option.Each unit of daemonettes at that time was able to use a low level spell. Maybe a unit could get access to a psychic power that may fit?

·
Registered
174 Posts
My favourite models are the sexy ones- I think you're point about them representing the illusion that the victim sees is a very good one. As a modeller though, I have to admit that the plastics are awesome because they are so easy to work with- bits swapping and customising have become infinitely easier.

I don't know what I think about the idea of particular house rules for the various models when they are used to represent troops choices, although when I use them to represent Heralds, I definitely use their appearance as a factor when determining which daemonic gifts I give them.

Like you, I also want to have all types in my army; right now I only have 20 sexy and 20 plastic. The reason for that is that I'm not really a chaos player, so much as a slaaneshi player. The other gods don't appeal to me enough that I want to run out and buy their miniatures, and unfortunately, that means my daemon army is weak in a lot of areas and difficult to play. I liked chaos better when daemons and chaos space marines were part of the same army because noise marines complimented the daemons perfectly and allowed me to field a force entirely devoted to slaanesh.

·
I hate Ultramarines
1,297 Posts
The Desire Demon's from Dragon Age: Origins are how the Daemonettes should be, with the addition of some weapon mutations.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello, hello!

I wish I could get some Chaos Space Marines too. I guess in friendly local games I could get away with it, or Apocalypse. Certainly Emperor's Children tank busting powers, hardness in combat and ranged proficiency would help me survive more easily in Apocalypse:) I liked Chaos Cultists a lot when they were available too. Something about the desperate gamble to worship chaos of the everyman, who is otherwise so completely insignificant in the infinitely vast battle field of the Galaxy... IofRaw, may Slaanesh grant you ecstasy in battle and raise you up to lofty heights of Daemonhood!

I like the new Daemonettes best because they are different, intriguing, and novel. So many companies make Succubi models that I'm a bit bored with 'naked chick demons'. A cute daemonette really spices up the day! JeanyVixen, may Slaanesh beguile your enemies, and inspire your allies! Bliss and blessings all the days of your life!

RobtheGuru, I'm not familiar with the Dragon Age game but did a quick image scan. I like the overall chaos-sy feel of many of the designs I saw! Awesome:)

--- Dreg

·
Registered
174 Posts
Aaah cultists- I miss them too. In fact, I still use them with the rules for antagonists from the Witch Hunter Codex. I only really play small skirmish games with them- lots of kill team from the 4th ed, only played using 5th ed mechanics. Often they're enacting rituals to summon Daemons and the Adeptus Arbites have to stop them, otherwise they'll have the daemon with them in the next game. Sometimes they raid the Arbites to try and steal military grade hardware. I use Delaques and Escher models from the Necromunda range to represent them.

Also, have you seen some of the Hasslefree Miniatures? They have great civilian hostage models that are really good objectives... er, human sacrifices for these kind of games. They also have harem models which make for great scenery in a Slaaneshi den of vice and wickedness- just scratch build a 40k scale hookah and get some small incense burners that take cones rather than sticks, and you're good to go.

IMHO, the best chaos codex was the one that had the special rules for all the dedicated legions, as well as a whole bunch of other ones- I think it was the Alpha Legion that let you take cultists. And of course, it also had daemons in it. GW said it was confusing and hard to use, but it had EVERYTHING in it. And while they were whining about how clutered and disorganized it was, all I could think was "Of course it's disorganized! It's Chaos! That's the meaning of the word!"

Now we have streamlined, homogenized user friendly chaos. It isn't all bad of course, but man sometimes I miss the good ole days. And when I do get a chance to play Apocalypse, the marines and the daemons do unite with their mortal worshipers for the greater glory of Slaanesh, and worlds tremble in fear.... And desire.

(PS Dragon Age desire demons would make great Slaanesh models- you know the folks at Bioware are all minions of chaos, right?)

·
Registered
107 Posts
It wasn't long ago that I red White Dward no. 333 (I think), when chaos were re-released and looked at the ideas they had behind chaos. Icons should be so good cause now, everyone would see which mark wish unit has.
Looking at it today when we can mix the marks as we desire, there's more proxy gaming than ever in chaos. Which, atleast I think, is more confusing for the oponent then ever before.

What I want to see is a codex for each mark. I mean, they spit out chapter codexes to space marines all the time. So why not go through the chaos gods too?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts