Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like the Tanith First and Only, but can't seem to find more than a couple models anywhere. None of there stuff is available in GW stores, on the GW website I can't find for than a 6 pack of models with lasguns and a plasma gun. Does anyone know where I can buy the models needed to make a complete Tanith army? I'm talking about getting all the types of special weapons, not just plasma as well as getting heavy weapons and officers.

Thanks

·
Registered
479 Posts
That 6 pack of models is pretty much it i'm afraid. The tanith models were only really released as a cash-in on the success of the books. You either need to convert the entire army or buy a LOT of that box set! There are no heavy weapons for them that I know of either.

It's an awkward army for sure, good luck!

·
846 Posts
Age Pretty much struck it on the head. There are only about 6 models for the Tanith 1st available. However there are several ways you could go about building your own models using other GW fare. Dependng on the look you want you could base them off standard guardsmen with no helmets and greenstuffed camo capes. Alternatively you could use Catachans as the base (although they look a bit too muscled for most of the tanith in my taste)

I actually made a few tanith models at one point for a kill-team. The Torso and legs were standard cadian, the heads were a mix of catachan and other bare heads and the arms varied depending on the model from the burly catachan to the regular cadian. I then Greenstuffed some Camo capes on callled it a day. In the end, while not looking perfect, the team looked better than if I had simply used the same standard half dozen models over and over.

Best of luck

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright, thanks for the answere and the advice. Those sound like good ideas, but I just don't have the time to customise an entire army that way. I have a 2000 point list that uses doctrines that are closer to tanith than anyone else:
http://www.librarium-online.com/for.../107399-ig-friendly-2000-pts.html#post1038817
I was thinking of trying to use tanith models for all the infiltrators and making the second platoon of non infiltrators out of my cadian models that I already have and call them the "new inductees" that the tanith pick up after every victory.

I wonder why they put them in the codex as a playable army and even included a special character that only gets all his rules when leading tanith, and then didn't make the army. Wtf GW?

·
Archmagos
904 Posts
You could also try Cadian and Catachan snipers. The long-las is basically a fancy looking lasgun, plus they have cloaks and camo stuff.

·
First Tiger
149 Posts
Actually, there are 4 plain infantry models in addition to the six characters included in the box set. They can be found in the GW UK online store HERE. I imagine you might find some on Ebay or from collectors. I got lucky and just located a guy with a bunch of these blisters for sale. I use them for vets and last chancers myself but maybe if you ask nicely I will sell you a few ;-)

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the link mozznstein, that is getting closer to what I'm looking for. If you have any extra tanith models that you could possibly spare that would be awesome. What sort of price would you be looking for? How many could you sell? Also how much assembly, painting and custom work has been done if any? Not that I'm trying to ask you to do my work for me I just want to know what I'm looking at. I just worked out how much it would cost me to order from GW with the list posted. It would be over 250 pounds! UGH!

It also mentions on that link that they come unassembled. How much assembly do they need? If it's like cadian plastics with legs, torso, head and arms+weapons than customising the weapons shouldnt be hard. I could just use cadian kneeling legs for the heavy weapons, model cadian grenade launchers on instead of lasguns etc.

·
Lord of the Household
1,733 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.