Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!!! There are two people here. Anna and Emily we are twins.
Both of us started collecting the Warhammer 40 thousand stuff since we were like 8 only because they look cool. Now we want to learn how to play out battles with our models.

We both have lots of differant models from differant races. We have Space Marine Humans, Orcs, Eldar and Dark Elder mostly plus we have some models from midevil Warhammer.

Mostly we like reading the stories and history stuff about online the universe about Warhammer 40 thousand too.

Now we want to know where we can find easy rules to learn and what we need. I know you need dice and a ruler but what other stuff would we need.

Thank you

Emily and Anna

·
LO's Shadow Captain
12,783 Posts
In the end, you're going to end up having to get the rulebook, either which way you want.

To just get the rules, I'd recommend buying the Battle of Macragge set - which contains a full rulebook (minus Kill Team rules and fluff, I believe), some dice, templates, terrain, some Space Marines, and some Tyranids. Not bad for the price.

There are no truly "simplified" versions of the rules, so you're going to have to try to learn them the hard way. I'd recommend starting off with Combat Patrol rules, which can be found in the rulebook once you get it, as it's basically the smallest sort of army and a good way to learn while playing.

Hope this helps. Welcome to LO, by the way. :yes: Make sure you read the rules of the forum, a link to which can be found in my signature.

Librarium | Online | Forums

·
Registered
20 Posts
just go to the local hobby stores some have game rooms were player well porbly glady teach ya (thats how i learned)

·
Registered
520 Posts
And if you're unfortunate enough to not be able to learn from more experienced players, I'd reccomend just taking your rulebook with you whenever you think you'll have some spare time. Bring it along on a roadtrip or read some when you're bored. That's how I learned to play, and though it's not as fun as learning to play by playing, you'll learn just as well.

·
Registered
309 Posts
To just get the rules, I'd recommend buying the Battle of Macragge set - which contains a full rulebook (minus Kill Team rules and fluff, I believe), some dice, templates, terrain, some Space Marines, and some Tyranids. Not bad for the price.

There are no truly "simplified" versions of the rules, so you're going to have to try to learn them the hard way. I'd recommend starting off with Combat Patrol rules, which can be found in the rulebook once you get it, as it's basically the smallest sort of army and a good way to learn while playing.
Unfortunately the rule book that comes with the Battle for Macragge box set doesn't have the Combat Patrol rules. However they can be found here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts