Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking a lot recently about the club I belong to as we've been discussing whether GCN membership is worth it. This has made me wonder exactly what makes a good club? Is it the cost, the camaraderie...

If you belong to a club what do you think makes your club special? If you don't play at a club where do you play.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I think that the most important thing about any gaming club is the people that are a part of it. As beutiful as an army or set of terrain can be you aren't going to enjoy yourself if you end up playing against someone that you don't like. Warhammer 40k and all other wargames are social games, they require you to be standing around a table for 2 hours or so with your opponent and if you aren't taking advantage of that then you might as well be sitting at home playing Dawn of War.

·
2,434 Posts
I think that the most important thing about any gaming club is the people that are a part of it. As beutiful as an army or set of terrain can be you aren't going to enjoy yourself if you end up playing against someone that you don't like. Warhammer 40k and all other wargames are social games, they require you to be standing around a table for 2 hours or so with your opponent and if you aren't taking advantage of that then you might as well be sitting at home playing Dawn of War.
Couldn't agree more. This is why i go to my local club and stay clear of GW stores. It all about the people.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts