Librarium Online Forums banner

Where/Who do you buy your 40k models(from)?

• Local Store

Votes: 41 59.4%
  • Gamesworkshop Website

Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Forge World

Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Auctions

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Other Suppliers that offer discounts(miniwargaming.com)

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • Websites (Ebay included)

Votes: 32 46.4%
  • Friends

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • Wherever there is a sale!!!!!!!!!

Votes: 11 15.9%
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Local Enconomy Needs the Help

Here in Ohio, we don't have any GW Hobby Centers, but luckily, I'm located between two independent stores that carry the Partner Store rating. Both stores offer discounts: one offers 15% off anything on the shelves, the other offers a frequent purchaser discount that equates to a $40 credit after 10 purchases of $20+. Both stores have discount/used bins where you can occasionally find the odd model or two for paint testing or filling out a squad. Both stores also have great player communities, sponsor tournaments and events, and try to have as much GW stock as they can reasonably move.

The only downside to their independent status is that they can't afford to stock every last little thing for every army supported by GW. Both stores have at least a bit of every supported miniature range, but its not uncommon to go to the store wanting a specific kit, only to find that its not on the shelves. That said, they both have very responsive ordering processes in place, and its never more than a week's wait if you want to order a kit from the GW catalog through them.

I've used TheWarStore online occasionally for paints and kits. I find their discounts make them just a little better than shopping local retail. However, to keep my local stores open and the gaming community healthy, I try to make my purchases at the local game stores as much as possible. Having a store or two to actually browse around and a community to enjoy every weekend is not something to take for granted.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.