Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I've had enough!
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gday,

I was interesting in finding out where everyone's characters are put. For me, I have 2 liches in 2 seperate Skeleton Bowmen units, a Prince in a HTH Skel unit, and a final Liche in a Light horsemen unit.

However, it's all these 'Bodyguard' units that have me sinking lots of points into core, and hence cant get any of those cool Ushabti, as I never have the points.

So, I want to know what everyone else does to fit everything in.

Also, Im assuming most people go with max characters, as they are so impotant in a TK army, but does anyone NOT use all charcter slots (at 2K, anyway)?

Regards, Tim

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Tomb King goes in with 20 Bowmen. Hierophant is alone able to fly around. One priest just on foot, and the other sat at a Casket :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
I usually stick my Tomb King at the corner of his Tomb Guard unit, so his MWBD covers both my SSC's at the beginning of the game. My priests tend to start outside of units, or rather close behind my main units who block line of sight. If i know my opponent is using infiltrating skirmished bowmen, area or non LoS effect damage spells, Comet of Cass, forked lightning etc i place them in units till such opposing firpower has been dealt with.

Priests are too much of a liability in the front of a unit if it is charged, and there are also several abilities, spells and weapons that allow an opponent to target them with missile fire, hochland long rifle and the irritating, flaming lore of metal spell that causes double wounds and can kill them in one shot! If they are out of LoS they are usually safe cos they cant be charged or shot at, and the only incantation you cant use is the magic missile, the others are far superior IMHO neway.

HEX

·
Registered
60 Posts
I don't have a casket so below is how I usualy place my characters

Prince in a unit of chariots

LHP flying with the cloak
mounted LP in a unit of light cav
LP in a unit of TG

But...... Since posting my 2000 point army and getting some feedback I am going to try the following.

Tomb King in the TG unit
Lp with a cloak to fly around
LP with my archers to incant the my SSC which will be nearby.
Mounted LP with Light Cav.

Lanny May

·
Registered
158 Posts
Usually sit my king in the bowman unit, Hierophant starts the game near the catapults. one priest sits next to the king at the end of a long line of archers and the other often starts in the ushabti unit, while its remaining hidden behind the archer line

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ussualy I put my TK in a unit of TG. My TP goes in a unit of chariots to take out weaker units head on or flank stronger units. 1 LP in archer regiment for SCC smiting duty and a LP in a unit of skellies. If I can take more characters I fit them into other units and often my Hierophant fly around on his own safe from spellcasters and warmachines

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.