Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, this one will probably be easy but It actually does pertain to the rules as it has to do with current legalities. Is the Kislev list still a current legal army or not? I really would like to know as I know someone with an old full Kislevite army. And more to the point, what happened to them?

Also, I would like to know where I can find rules for Fantasy naval combat. I used to own the old white dwarf with all the rules for movement, cannons, boarding actions, etc. Please just point me in the right direction. Thanks amillion.

·
Advocatus Diaboli
4,571 Posts
In terms of the first question - if you can't get it directly from GW, it's not really "legal" in the truest sense any more. I suspect nobody would mind it being used, but don't expect anything else for it and don't assume it will be legal at tournaments.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Aren't Chaos Dwarves technically a 'legal army' that GW doesn't sell anymore?

Also, I would like to know where I can find rules for Fantasy naval combat. I used to own the old white dwarf with all the rules for movement, cannons, boarding actions, etc. Please just point me in the right direction. Thanks amillion.
As to this, you want to look for a book / pamphlet called - I believe, I can double check when I am at home - 'The General's Compendium' which covers running long campaigns in WHFB which happens to include rules for ships. Unfortunately its kinda vague in some places and amassing a full set of rules will probably involve pulling them from several sources (If you find that white dwarf article please let me know I'm interested in this as well.)

I've never seen the actual book, but I know there is a PDF floating around on the internet, usually in packs like "here's a pile of weird warhammer supplements"

Another source is a set of articles which used to be on the NZ version of GW's site. They've since been taken down but you can find them via internet archive. They don't cover ship rules so much as how to build them.

·
Advocatus Diaboli
4,571 Posts
Chaos Dwarfs aren't really legal since GW neither sells the rules or the models any more. Even the ravening hordes pdf has vanished, I believe.

·
4,361 Posts
There is a new version of chaos dwarves done by some fans that some indy tournaments are allowing. Don't know if I can give you the link here, but a google search will get it for you. Search for dwarfs of chaos.

SirKently

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've got a copy of the Kislevite rules in pdf form... the one that used to be on the NZ GW site. Its just a couple pages and I don't see a date on it but it looks pretty difficult to field an effective army out of. (Not that I'm a good judge of effective armies mind). Were they included in Ravening Hordes as well, or is this the most recent version?

Man, now I want to run Chaos Dwarves with a Kislev contingent...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.